27.

(A/N- Fast update because I love you. 🥺)

4th April, 1957

All through the recording session, Paul could not stop thinking about what had happened the day before. It had been 24 hours since he was in the laundrettes, couldn't he just forget about it and move on?

It's not like he hadn't had to do it before.

"Paul? You okay?" John asked, snapping Paul out of his thoughts.

"Uh, yeah. Um, did you ask me something?"

"Yeah, do you and George want to come back to my house? I was thinkin'... Maybe we could write some songs?"

Just say yes. Stop being so goddamn stubborn!

Paul looked at George, who was stood next to him. His eyes were pleading for Paul to say yes.

"Yeah, sure, if that's okay with you and Mimi..."

"Yes! Mimi has missed seein' you both. 'Specially you George." George laughed at John. "Alright, c'mon then"

They walked to Stuart's front door, grabbing their things.

"See ya later!" Stuart called after them, watching them all wave back, before slamming the door shut.

"Ringo, do you want to come too?" John asked.

"I can't, Dad's home so I've gotta go see him." Ringo sighed. "Maybe another time, though. Yeah?"

"Yeah, see ya Rings" John said, watching Ringo once again turn for his street.

The three boys continued into Mimi's house, George asking John questions every so often. However Paul didn't speak, he barely even looked up from the ground.

When they arrived at John's house, Paul was so glad. It had began to rain outside, and the boy really wasn't in the mood for bad weather.

"Hello boys!" Mimi called from the kitchen.

"Hi Mimi." John called back, taking his shoes off.

They other boys followed, taking their coats and shoes off, leaving them on the side, before heading into the kitchen.

"How've you been boys?"

"Alright..." George responded.

The woman was stirring something in a pan, seeming very concentrated.

"How's the leg, Paul?" She asked.

"F-fine, almost as if nothing happened."

"Good, I told John you were in good hands!" She chuckled. "Ah, now that you boys are here, could you please help me over here George?"

George looked up at Paul, unsure.

"Yeah, go on Georgie." He weakly smiled. "I'll be with John anyway, so you may aswell Help Mimi, yeah?"

The younger boy slowly nodded, still unsure.

"W-Will you only be in the other room?"

"Yeah, maybe upstairs, but I'm not leaving, alright?" Paul reassured.

"Okay..." He began to walk towards Mimi.

"Shall we go upstairs then?" John asked Paul, who was carefully watching George.

"Yeah, alright..."