Epilogue

(A/N- This is it! Are you ready? Because I'm not, I sobbed writing this 😫.)

29th June, 1957

It was over a week later when Paul was finally on his way to see Mike.

He'd posted a letter back to the boy the next day, as soon as the post office opened, and two days after that he received a reply saying that the 29th was a good day as it was a Saturday and both of the boy's didn't have school.

Every day since he'd received Mike's letter, Paul feared his nerves would get the better of him. All sorts of questions flowed his mind.

What if he doesn't even like me anymore?

What if he figures out about me and John and he tells on us?

What if Dad's convinced him that I'm some sort of Evil being...?

Paul's Dad was also mentioned in the letters.

The original plan was for Brian to travel back down to Manchester and collect Mike, bringing him to the train station where he would meet Paul, and they'd talk over lunch.

However it wasn't that easy, and Brian has other bands to manage down in the South of London, and something had come up which meant that he couldn't make it that day.

He remembered when he'd first heard Brian say the words 'Mike will have to be escorted to the train station by your father, Paul. Unless you can wait another week."

But Paul wasn't prepared to wait any longer to see Mike, especially not another week longer.

It had already been long enough.

So here Paul was, just about to jump out of Mimi's car, with John, at Liverpool train station. George had wanted to go with him so bad, and Paul hated telling him he couldn't.

But George probably wouldn't be able to make the journey. 2 hours to Manchester on a train, spending around 1-2 hours in the city and then another 2 hours on a train back to Liverpool was not a journey a 13 year old boy with motion sickness would be able to handle all that easily.

So Paul had to tell him no, even though it meant being in a whole different city to him for most of the day.

"Here we are, boys." Mimi smiled as she pulled over, but Paul didn't notice. He was too busy trying to stop his hands from shaking. "Hey, Paul, calm down okay... John's going to make sure your fine. Any funny business with that man and he'll be at him like a woodpecker on bark."

"She's right, Paulie. John wouldn't let anyone hurt you." George added, stating at him with sad eyes from the front seat. "I wish I could be there to help him though."

"I know, Georgie." Paul said sadly, taking the boy's hand into his and squeezing it tightly. "But I will he back, okay? By 8pm tonight, all four of us will be back on the sofa watching that weird sci-fi show you like." Paul smiled, causing a small giggle from George.

"Unless there's a train delay, which we'll probably call you if there is one." John added.

"Yeah, like John said. But you'll be fine, yeah? Mimi's even gonna take you out to the ice cream shop, right Mimi?"

"I certainly am." She smiled.

"Alright, I believe you..." George said, eventually smiling at Paul. "But John, Make
sure you do twice the work in arse kicking if it comes to it."

"Of course I will, Georgie! What do you take me for?" John replied, pretending to be offended at the statement.

"C'mon you." Paul chuckled, pulling John over the seats and out of the car door with him.