64.

(A/N- I hate doing dramatic time jumps, but there's one coming up soon. I, myself, hate dramatic time jumps in stories without a warning, so I just wanted to let you all know so you're not confused or anything 💓.)

20th April, 1957

"He-He was fuckin' distraught, John..." Paul told the boy that was lay next to him in bed.

It had been around an hour since George's breakdown, and once he'd calmed down, Paul had took him straight upstairs and tucked him into bed. The boy just needed a good rest.

Paul lay in John's arms, looking up to the ceiling, trying to explain how he felt... What he felt.

"I know, we could hear him." John sighed.

"The poor boy thinks I'm just gonna... Abandon him. Like... Like Louise did."

"You know you'd never do that, Paul."

"I know, I'd never ever do that. But he doesn't know that... He never thought Louise would do that to him either. And that's what got him into this state." He explained. "Sometimes I just wanna go back into that cafe, put my arms firmly on her shoulders and... Yell at her. Scream at her. And tell her what she did to her brother."

John's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Wait... Cafe?" He asked, stunned.

"Yeah, down at the other side of town. We went there a few weeks ago now, and she explained everything."

The older boy's eyes lit up, as if he'd just discovered a gold mine.

"Oh my God..." He whispered.

"What?"

"I've seen her." John spoke, eyes wide and now also staring at the ceiling.

"No- No you can't have done..." Paul said, in shock.

When? When and Paul seen her?

"I went in there when I met my mother again... Has she got blonde hair?"

"Mhm. That's her alright."

"Oh God... And I was so nice to her." He sighed, raising a hand to his head. "I mean, she seemed upset, told me that she'd done her brother bad... But I never imagined that she'd have done that. And definitely not to George."

"Well... Neither did he." Paul sighed. "Just, just don't tell him you've seen her. Infact, don't even tell him that you know about her. I shouldn't have told you. But I did, because I know you won't tell anyone."

"How do you know that?" John teased.

"Because I trust you. And I love you." Paul said, leaning forward to place a kiss on the boy's lips. "And I never want to loose you."

John looked the smaller boy in his arms up and down.

"I'm scared, Macca..."

"Me too." The younger sighed. "I mean, I want to tell Ringo so bad, honestly I do. But..." He took a few seconds before speaking up again. "What if too many people find out? I mean, Johnny... We could die."

John tensed up. "That's not going to happen." He said, with no hesitation.

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm going to keep you safe. Nobody else is going to die on my watch, no... Especially not you, Paulie. I never thought I'd love someone as much as I love you. And definitely not a boy."

"Maybe I'm glad my Dad threw me out..." Paul slowly smiled.

"Hold on, what?" John asked, smiling at his lover's expression.

"Well, Id never have met George, never have met Brian." He looked away from the boy. "And, you'd never have ran into me." The younger said in a teasing tone, trying to hide a smirk.

"Hey! I thought we both agreed that we ran into eachother." John defended himself.

"Hmmmm... I was just being polite."

"Oh yeah?" John asked, a devilish smile appearing on his face.

"Yep." He replied, still avoiding John's gaze.

The older boy pounced ontop of Paul's body, lightly tickling around his neck.

"Ah! Johnny!" The younger whined, trying to prevent his laughs. "S-Stop it!"

"Stop it?"

"Y-Yeah!" His laughs broke out.

"Alright." He placed his hands firmly on Paul's shoulders, leaning down to his neck, placing kisses all over the skin.

"Mmm- John... Not too hard!" Paul complained, trying to hide how much he loved it.

"What? I'm just trying to be polite." John said, innocently, earning a slight hit on his arm from his boyfriend.

"Get off me, you romantic sod." He smiled at him.

Truth was, he never wanted John to ever climb off him, wishing they could stay there forever, staring into each other's eyes.