34.

6th April, 1957

It had rained non stop in Liverpool for the last 2 days. To the point where George and Paul had to give in to the weather and buy cheap, crappy umbrellas.

Paul couldn't stop playing his music everyday, even if it was pouring down with rain and there were less visitors than usual. He had to make money somehow.

So there sat Paul, on the same bench as usual, with George sat next to him, holding an umbrella over his head.

All the lonely people,

Where do they all come from?

He strummed the last chords, looking up from the instrument. There were a few people there, clapping gently, to his surprise. Why would they even want to be out in this weather?

A few threw some money into his guitar, scattering away almost immediately, beggining to rush to cover as the wind picked up.

"Right, pick the money up with me Georgie!" Paul called over the wind.

"Mhm!" They nealt down, scooping the money into their hands. "£2:35 here, Paulie."

"Uhh...." He re-counted, sighing in relief when he got the result, "£4.40." Paul smiled, happy with the outcome.

"Good. You did great Paul." George smiled back. "That's like, £6.75."

"Right, come on. Let's go and cover up." He replied, placing the guitar back in the case. Quickly standing up.

Paul was dreading tonight. He didn't sleep at all last night.

And it wasn't because of the rain either.

Everytime he closed his eyes now, all he could think about was the horror on John's face when the words fell out of his mouth. He looked like he wanted to cry for Paul and George.

Paul hated seeing him like that.

"Shit!" George called out, his umbrella snapping from the force of the wind.

"It's alright, here, share mine." George grabbed the handle of Paul's umbrella, moving underneath it's shelter.

After a few minutes of walking back into the main city, the two approached a cafe they'd never seen before. It must have been new...

"What do you want Georgie?" Paul asked the boy, who was looking down and shaking water out of his hair. The older boy waited for his reply.

"Uh I dunno. I'll see when I get in." He replied.

"Alright." Paul said, shaking water off the umbrella before putting it down. He guided George inside the shop.

As they walked towards the counter, Paul was distracted by the theme. The red chairs and the baby blue wall paper, as well as the neon lights over the walls.

It wasn't too busy of a cafe, just the right amount of people, Paul thought.

When George froze, Paul's attention went back into the boy.

"Geo, what is it?" He asked the boy, who was staring straight forward with his mouth wide open in surprise.

George slowly approached the empty counter, his eyes fixed on a girl with tied up blonde hair who was facing the wall, focused on cleaning a glass.

"L-Louise...?" He whispered, gently.