19.

28th March, 1957

All the lonely people,

Where do they all come from?

All the lonely people,

Where do they all belong?

Paul looked down at his guitar as he strummed the last chord of a song he had written.

He recalled writing it not so long ago, when the boys were sat in a cafe in the city centre. George was eating a sugary donut and watching people run past the cafe window through the rain, rushing to get inside. It made Paul angry, the fact that they had homes to go to, they would be warm and comfortable in a few minutes, no mater how wet they got.

It wasn't fair.

"And you wrote that song?" Ringo asked, his mouth open wide in shock.

"Y-Yeah, about 2 weeks ago."

"You're fuckin' hired, mate!" Stuart called, laughing as he said so. "Not that it's a job or anythin', but if you can write songs like that, a record label is definitely goin' to be hirin' us soon enough!"

"Yeah, and you can work with me too." John smiled. "We can write some songs together."

Paul liked that idea, nodding straight away.

"I'd love that."

Around an hour later, they were getting ready to finish. But Paul didn't want to leave. He was having the most fun he'd had in months.

"Hey, Paul. Want to come round to my house?" John asked, picking up his guitar and schoolbag. George was at the other end of the room talking to Ringo and Stuart.

Paul thought hard. He did, he loved spending time with John, but he knew that the more he went to John's house, the less he'd want to leave.

"I don't think I can." He frowned.

"George can come too, if that's what you're worried about?"

"No no, I think we ought to go home before my Dad gets home. Tonight. He gets home tonight, from Manchester."

"Oh, right." He said, sounding very confused. "Well, maybe we could meet up after school one day?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Good, you know where I live, yeah?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I do." Paul smiled back, happy that John wanted to meet up. "George, c'mon." He called, still looking at John.

"Coming!"

Paul and George left before anyone else, making sure they weren't followed, especially not by John, knowing that he usually walked the same way.

"Are you hungry?"

"Hmmm?" George asked, having not heard the question.

"You hungry?"

"A bit."

"Well, lucky for us, I made £8 today!" Paul smiled.

"No way, really?"

"Yeah, so we can have our favourite Mocha's too!"

George's face brightened up, pulling Paul into an unexpected and tight hug.

"You're the best, Paulie!" He cheered.

"I know."