57.

14th April, 1957

"No, I don't want fresh air!" Whined John, folding his arms together like a child.

"C'mon John, you need it." Paul persisted, dragging him down the stairs.

"Yeah John, you do." George agreed, following them down the stairs.

"Where we even gonna go?" He huffed, being pulled down the last step. "Ow, Paulie!"

"Be quiet John, stop whining." Mimi joked, receiving a glare from her nephew.

"I know!" George called, everyone turning to look at him. "We can go out near the ferry terminal again! Paul could play something there, just like we used to. You can see what he used to do and how many people used to enjoy it!"

"Georgie-"

"Please, Paul. It'll be fun!" He begged.

"Yeah, that sounds fun Paul. It's boiling today, we could even go and hang around near the river beach?" Mimi suggested.

"I don't know... It's been over a week, what if people don't like me playin' anymore?" He sighed. "What if they only stood around because they pitied me?"

"Darlin' I'm sure that's not true..." John said, surprised Paul would even think that.

Paul turned to George for a second opinion, like he always did.

"He's right, Paulie. I watched you play loads of times and saw the people watchin' you. They loved your sound!" He reassured. "Please, Paul?"

Paul, yet again, couldn't say no to those eyes.

"Fine." The three around him all cheered. "What song, though?"

"He-"

"I'm not doing Hey Jude again, Georgie." He chuckled.

"Fine." He huffed back.

"I know!" Called out John, smiling. "You do a song like... I dunno... Let it be, and then me and you both do a duet of that one 'she loves you' song?"

"Yeah! John that's a great idea!" Added George.

A smile appeared on Paul's face.

"I like that idea..." He nodded, eyes lighting up when he got an idea himself. "And George, you can play a song too! How about you play 'yesterday'? Or that one you wrote the other day called... was it... 'something'?"

"You'd let me play yesterday to people?" He asked in disbelief, his eyes wide open, completely ignoring the second option.

"Yeah! Who better to do it than you?"

"I'd be honoured!" He jumped off the last step, throwing his arms around Paul.

They all laughed, John running upstairs to get the guitars.

"I'll get the camera!" Called Mimi, rushing into the kitchen.

George pulling away from Paul.

"I'm gonna have a guitar of my own someday, Paulie!" He said with determination.

"Yeah, you definitely are." He smiled, ruffling his hair again.

Only this time, he didn't get a complaint, he got a chuckle. George climbed up to the second step, reaching over to do the same to Paul's.

"Ah! No! Ugh Georgie..." He called out, pretending to be annoyed. "I hate it when you do that!" Paul said, imitating George's voice.

The younger boy laughed, jumping back down the stairs.