14.

22nd March, 1957

John didn't want to leave Paul, he wished he was still lay next to him on the sofa. Watching him sleep, peacefully, as if he hadn't fully slept in months.

He walked through the hallways, looking in every corner for Ringo or Stuart. With no surprise, when he finally managed to spot Stuart he was talking to Astrid, his 'secret' girlfriend.

But Ringo wasn't there.

"Oi, Stuart." John called, making the other finish his sentence and turn to look around.

"Oh hi, John. You know Astrid, right?"

"Yeah, hey." He nodded at her, not interested in the slightest.

"Hey." She replied, bluntly, turning back to speak to Stuart. "I'll just be in the yard if you need me." He nodded, watching her walk away.

"What's up?"

"I found someone for bass."

Stuart smiled, obviously very happy and relieved.

"I knew I could trust you." He patted him on the shoulder. "Who is he?"

"He's called Paul."

"Paul? How old is he?"

"15." John said, looking down. "And he has a brother."

"A brother? How old is he?"

"13."

"Does he play anything?"

"No." John shook his head, looking back up to Stuart. "But Paul will have to bring him along too, if that's alright?"

"Of course, as long as he doesn't wreck my house, I couldn't give less of a shit who he brings along." He brought John in for a hug. "You're the best, John Lennon."

"I know."

John's first lesson was Maths, where Ringo sat in the seat next to him.

"Hey, how did Stu take it?" Ringo whispered.

"He didn't have to, because I found someone." John smirked.

"What? How did you find someone overnight like that?" the other boy seemed very confused.

"Well, I was mentally kicking myself, and I accidentally knocked into some guy who was carrying a guitar. He hurt his leg pretty bad, so I took him to Mimi as he wouldn't go anywhere near a hospital. She fixed his leg and told me he played bass!"

"You're a lucky sod."

"I know. And he's really good at guitar too. He played us this song and it was amazing."

"Does he write too?"

"Yeah. And it was really good." John nodded.

"Is he coming on Thursday?"

"Yeah. But he's got to bring round his brother, that alright?"

"Is it okay with Stu?"

"Yeah..."

"Then it's fine with me." They both laughed.

"Mr Lennon!" The teacher called.

"Yes, sorry sir!" He shouted back, sarcastically.

"Watch your attitude with me, boy." He scolded.

But John didn't care. He was going to see Paul again in less than a week.