Wedding Bells

Amelia was sat at her table comforting a teary Ada, through tears she screamed at how her brother was going to kill Freddie and that he wanted her to get rid of her baby. Amelia didn't judge her friend for the predicament she was in, she grabbed her hand instead and let her rant until she felt that she had gotten it all out.

"He's a fucking pig my brother! I'm pregnant with his bloody best friends child" And Amelia nodded gently and passed her over a tissue.

"Oh Ada come on now, don't let him ruin your make up" And Amelia smiled over to her friend "We will sort this okay?"

Ada smiled back and dabbed at her eyes. Ada was so upset over Tommy's insistence for her to take care of this problem that she had forgot about John's wedding that they where due to attend.

Amelia had spent all morning choosing her outfit and fussing that when Ada had arrived she was relieved to think about something else. Tommy Shelby had been on her mind the whole morning and she felt a distraction was her best bet at getting through the rest of the morning right now.

A light powder blue dress was her outfit with a matching coat and heels. Amelia had tried to keep her outfit sorted to ensure she didn't stand out.

Ava was wearing a deep plumb dress with a black coat and matching heels- Amelia pondered whether the black was done on purpose. Tidying up Ada's make up both of them headed out and made their way to Charlies yard.

The Lee family had set the whole wedding up and Amelia was impressed. They had prettied the yard up for a right affair and she was in awe of the isle that was set up to receive the couple. Just behind the isle there was the mahogany cart that she had been in yesterday and assumed Esme was there waiting for her husband to be. Polly was the first to greet them both in her best hat, her eye's gleaming with happiness as she puffed on her cigarette.

"Come on girls the boys will be here any minute and we need to get a good view of this" and they where both pulled over to stand closer to the isle decorated in large flowers. Amelia spotted Jonny dogs and Zilpha talking and smiled warmly there way.

"John is going to flip" Ada mumbled under her breath to which resulted in Penny slapping her leg. 

"Shut up Ada, just because you're miserable today doesn't mean you get to ruin this for our John" Polly hissed under her breath.

Amelia started to feel a little queasy at the thought of the arranged marriage. The thought of having no control in that situation felt like a noose slipping around her neck. Shaking off the feeling she turned to her left to see the Peaky boys swaggering her way. John was just behind Tommy, apprehension and for the first team fear in his eyes as they made their way down.

Amelia couldn't help but admire how dapper they all looked in their light grey suits with matching white flowers pinned to their jackets.

"Oh I'm so fucking nervous" Polly mumbled as she grabbed Ada's hand.

Amelia felt the exact same way and she barely knew John. As John made his way to the front he looked at Polly for help but she just shushed him forward. Arthur patted his brother on the back and Tommy stopped at their side.

"How is he Tommy?" Polly asked as she gave Tommy a cigarette she had just lit up.

"He's alright Pol don't worry" but the confidence didn't meet his eyes. Just as he finished speaking he looked over to Amelia and then away, not bothering to greet her. Tommy walked off to stand with his two brothers at the front.

"What's with him?" Ada asked as she eye'd Amelia.

Amelia looked back at Ada and then at Polly "Your brother kissed me"