Nightmare

Amelia was once again locked in a nightmare. The heat was building around her body as she began to become locked in the routinely terror. The scene unfolded around her quickly before she could force herself  awake.

Pete was racing towards her in the tent, his missing eye sewn up but the wound still bloody, his mouth wide in mid scream. Amelia jerked awake and laid in the darkness trying to catch her breath. Amelia whimpered as she forced herself to the side of her bed and scrambled to light a candle.

As soon as the room began illuminated Amelia signed with relief. This was her room, this wasn't the tent that pulled her back in every night.

"I'm so sorry Peter" she whispered to the empty room.

—-
Amelia was ratty by the time the sun had risen. It had proven fruitless trying to fall back to sleep so she decided to sort through her wardrobe and  planning her outfit for her day with Tommy. If Tommy would of stayed the night she knew she would of slept like a baby but instead he had business to attend to.

As she left her door that morning, heels slipped on and her coat wrapped securely around her Tommy could sense a difference in her. It was subtle but he knew her well enough now to know when there was a change. Tommy prided himself in noticing the small things, especially when it came to her.

Maybe it was Peters wife that was the cause of her sudden change, she had called her a whore for being involved with him. Had Amelia taken everything she said to heart? Did she blame Tommy still for her friends death? If she did she wouldn't be sat in his car, the woman could not be swayed. Amelia had her own mind.

Tommy pushed it to a side as he opened his car door for Amelia. After she slid in she car she was happy to be in his presence. A sense of home soothing her body.

Tommy didn't say anything for the first five minutes of the drive, he was waiting to see if she would enlighten him to her change in mood. Amelia didn't give in, instead she looked out of the window at the passing factories.

"Where are we going?" She asked, suddenly turning her attention to him.

Tommy lit up a cigarette and smiled a little "You'll see"

"Are we going to see the horses?" And she looked at him, her eyes wide with anticipation.

Tommy coughed "No not today"

Amelia sat back and decided there was no point in guessing anymore as it was clear she would just have to wait.

From the corner of her eye she could see that he kept stealing glances her way and she smiled to herself, pleased that she had his attention still.

Just then Tommy pulled the car to the side in front of what looked to be an abandoned building. Not one to judge she quickly stepped out of the car and waited for him to lead. Everything Tommy did was interesting to her, she knew now not to expect anything and to wait.

"Is this where you kill me and dispose of my body?" She joked as he walked to her and placed a hand on her back.

Tommy froze, his face completely unreadable.

"I'm joking" and she rolled her eyes before leaning up an pecking his lips quickly.

Tommy nodded, the comment completely wasted on him. As they stepped to the front door or the building Tommy pulled out a key and let them both in.

Amelia stepped into what looked like an unfinished brewery. There where vats that stood over them in one corner or the room, a small table set up with glasses and bottles. The place was that large that she could hear her heels clicking as they made they way into the place.