In The Heat

In truth the whole day had been enough for Amelias nerves. Amelia was exhausted but she didn't want to ruin anyone's evening. So, she decided to take herself outside with her drink and admire the fountain, the very fountain Tommy had proposed infront of her. It was beautiful and ornate underneath the moon and the dripping water was incredibly soothing.

As she stared into the lights, the water dripping over the fountain she thought about Tommy. Thought about how far they had both come. Taking a sip of her champagne she smiled to herself, he wasn't her usual type. If her mother was alive she would of probably hit the roof at her only daughter marrying a dangerous man.  Amelias mum was incredibly protective of her, she was an only child that they had initially struggled to conceive.

Amelia felt sad. Being surrounded by Tommy's family had only made her realise how much she missed her own.

A small sigh fell from her lips. Amelia's father would of had a heart attack if he was still alive, his daughter marrying a Shelby. A common man. Amelia grinned to herself, she always did like to push her fathers buttons. It was a trait she got from her mother.

"Why aren't you inside?" Tommy interrupted from behind.

Amelia turned around slowly and smiled "I just needed some air. Go back in, I'll be in shortly"

Tommy took a stand next to her and lit up a cigarette "I'll wait with you" was all he said before taking a long pull.

There was a comfortable silence between them both before Tommy broke it with a short cough.

"You know Zilpha is in their banging on about you getting pregnant"

Amelia flinched and he smirked at her uncomfortable reaction "yes, she did mention it to me"

Tommy eyed her, his face relaxed "Is that why you're out here?"

Amelia laughed and took his hand, enjoying this scent and warmth. "I tried not to take it in. I think we've both had an eventful day, we don't need to talk about babies"

"That we have" and he leaned down and kissed her softly. "Mrs Shelby" he murmured, his face only centimetres away from hers. Amelia, even in the night could see his deep blue eyes searching hers.

Amelia leaned up and placed a kiss against his lips, her right hand suddenly on his chest. At just her touch alone he groaned, it was taking everything in him to control himself. His feelings for her had intensified even more now that their was a ring on her finger, symbolising their love for one another.

It felt like forever since had had seen her beneath him and he would by lying if he said it wasn't all he could think about. All night as he watched her move around the room and wished over and over again that they could be alone.

"Stop or I won't be able to" he muttered against her lips, his tongue licking at the bottom of her lip. The taste of whiskey on him was intoxicating.

Amelia smirked before playfully biting his bottom lip , her hands snaking their way up to his neck.

"Right that's it" he groaned before snatching her up, a short squeal slipping from her lips as he began to take her into the house.

"Tommy there's a party in there" she laughed as she clasped her hands around his neck and began to place quick kisses across his jawline.

"Shit" but that didn't stop him. As soon as they crossed the foyer they came across Arthur who was stumbling with a bottle of whiskey.

"Arthur tell everyone it's time to piss off now" Tommy ordered before taking the first step up the stairs.