A Wake Up Call

Amelia was certain she was floating as she slipped out of her office and on her way to The Garrison to meet Esme and Ada. Even the miserable weather couldn't dampen her mood.

As she stepped into the warm pub she took her hat off and made a bee line straight for Ada who was waving her over. Polly was also joining them tonight.

As soon as Amelia took to her seat the questions began.

"Congratulations on your sexual awakening love" Ada grinned mischievously as she passed her a drink.

Amelia rolled her eyes at her friend "How did you know?"

"The whole of Small Heath knows" Polly laughed as she stubbed her cigarette out "Five hundred roses are hard to hide love"

"Plus Tommy was fucking smiling this morning" Esme joined in, a small grin on her face. "Didn't think it was possible"

Amelia put her head in her hands, mortified that people where aware of their night together. Looking up she quickly took a large gulp of her drink and placed the glass down, refusing to meet the eyes of everyone at the table.

"Oh god..." she breathed

"Even he knows" Polly laughed and began topping up Amelia's drink. "Come on love, it's only up from here"

Amelia nodded softly and then glared at Ada who was grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"So how was it? Did it hurt?" Esme asked leaning over the table with a huge grin spread across her cheeks.

"Urgh this is my brother we're talking about!" Ada seethed. "We do not need to discuss this type of information"

"Oh shut up Ada" Esme chided "Come on Amelia spill"

Amelia bit her lip and looked over her shoulder, counting the steps to the door. Maybe she could get out or her before they asked her anymore questions.

"It hurt my first time. Every person that said it didn't is a liar" Esme said and Ada agreed.

Polly was amused at the conversation but kept quiet.

"It only hurt a little" Amelia said before she quickly took a sip of her drink, the liquid burning away some of her nerves.

"If Tommy is anything like John I bet after that you where on a non stop train" and Amelia spluttered into her drink, her cheeks and ears going red. Amelia really didn't want to discuss this sensitive information anymore nor think about Esme and John going at it.

"You and John need to calm down, like bloody rabbits" Polly mumbled only to earn a glare from Esme "Speaking of, when where you going to tell us you where pregnant?"

"What!?" Esme shouted.

Polly smirked, she had been biding her time the whole evening. Polly had seen the fullness in Esme's cheeks, breasts and her...heightened need for John. The woman didn't miss a thing.

"You're pregnant?" Ada whispered, her eye's wide with anticipation.

Esme's eyes where wide with terror "No..."

"Oh yes you are love" and Polly looked over at Amelia "Isn't she love?"

Amelia suddenly felt under immense pressure as she looked over at Esme's shocked face. However, as soon as Polly had pointed it out she could see it herself. Esme was glowing.

"Oh Esme!" Amelia grinned, leaning over and grabbing her friends hand "Come in tomorrow and we'll get everything checked over"

Esme sat back in complete shock with her mouth hanging open. It was clear that Esme wasn't privy to the little human growing inside her stomach.