38-Concern

"Thanks again, by the way." Leon rushes, saying those words for the nth time. Cale chuckles from nearby him, handing the water bottle back to the lady, a polite smile decorating his face.

"Your friend is cute." The lady expresses, copying Cale's actions.

"Isn't he?" Cale affirms, pinching Leon's cheeks. Leon swats Cale's hands away, his cheeks flaming.

"Take Care!" The lady wishes, placing the water bottle back in her bag. 

"We will, Bye!" Cale greets, moving his hands to wave her goodbye ushering Leon to do the same, who had been frozen in place by slapping Leon's shoulders to get his attention.

"Uh...Bye!" Leon says, sounding almost dazed.

"Bye!" The lady laughs at Leon's expression, bidding her goodbye with a sweet smile.

Cale turns over towards Leon who seems to have gone into another trance, "Hey Leon, Come on-" A ring interrupts him, at the same time pulling Leon out of his rapture, plucking his phone, to see that it's their friends.

"Guys--yeah I found him. We are coming, don't worry.--Yeah, we will." Leon hangs up, placing it back in his pocket, "Come-on they are looking for us." He rushes, sounding still very distracted.

Cale looks over towards Leon, concern flashing through his chestnut eyes, "Hey, Leon."

"Come on," Leon utters, maneuvering them through the crowd towards where the skit was happening.

Cale pushed back on his concerns, seeing as Leon clearly didn't want to talk. Maybe he could to him, when they were alone after the skit was over.

It's way later after the play was over and they were walking back towards the hotel-when Cale decides to pursue the matter again.

"Leon," Cale calls out, rushing to walk beside him. "Leon, hey talk to me."

"It's stupid."

"No, it isn't. Look I know that it was your encoutnter-"

"It's not even about that. It's just I suck at this whole thing, don't I?" Leon articulates, trying to put his feelings into words.

"Okay, first of all, this is not something you 'suck' at. And hey, if you didn't come back looking for me then people would have thought 'who this boy doing the worm dance on the floor?'." Cale has always tried to make people think lightly about his condition, trying to joke about and talk about it in light-minded way-in hopes that people would take it better and would stop pitying him and thinking that his condition rules his life cause it doesn't.

"You didn't see me there, I was a hot mess. Like Hot.mess."

"Okay I understand, you are hot, I know that. You don't have to repeat it. And okay maybe you were a mess too, but at least you didn't do something stupid or harmful."

"Cale!" Leon sputters, shyness creeping back in.

"So yeah, don't worry." Cale says patting Leon's cheeks, "I am fine, you are fine. Maybe a little red and maybe filled with too many 'thankyou's' but everything's okay?"

"That was my brain reacting okay, you can't blame me for that." Leon sternly utters.

"Whatever you say, Leon."

●●●●

Thanks for reading.