42-Book

Cale stirs, groaning as opens his eyes. Pain blooms through his body from sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Ringed fingers going up to rub at his eyes, small yawns leaving his lips. His other hand going up to push the hoodie off his face, only then noticing the weight on his shoulder.

Unfocused and puffed out eyes, follow his hands. Copper eyes fall on a mop of jet black hair, messily resting on his shoulder. Eyes widen for a fraction of second before realization sets in, careful not to disturb the sleeping boy and readjusting his position at the same time.

He isn't sure how Leon got here, but it probably got something to do with Zach. Eyes scan the passing scenery outside his closed window, trying to get clues as to where they are. Focusing in on the boards hung on top of the shops, vaguely seeing the words 'Bridin'.

Still in his haze, he rubs at his face, grimacing at how oily it had become. He rubs his neck, trying to soothe his muscles. Sleeping on buses was one thing that he absolutely hated during these types of trips.

His eyes fall on the open book, which was going to slip off Leon's lap anytime now. Picking it up before it could fall down, eyes widening at the title.

Leon is a very deep sleeper; Cale learns as the other sleeps through a stop at the petrol station and a long traffic-jam during which the driver wouldn't stop blaring the horn. It's almost an hour later when they stop for breakfast, does Leon wake up.

Just like Cale, his initial reaction included groaning due to muscle pain, especially in his neck region after having slept for so long in the same position.

Cale sports an amused smirk throughout this, watching Leon come in terms with his surroundings. "Look who is finally awake?" He calls out, in a sing-song voice, closing the book that he was reading.

Leon's eyes fall on Cale, following the moment of his hands through squinted eyes. His mouth falls open, regret flooding through him.

"I—" Leon opens his mouth, trying to reason his choices. But before he could Cale, motions for the other to get out as they were one of the few still left inside.

Leon looks dumbfounded, sighing and berating himself for reading that book on the bus--out in the open.

Cale is silent while getting out the bus, adjusting the hoodie on top of his head, so that his messy-greasy hair would be covered as he didn't get a chance to bath when he woke up that day. A small smile, decorating his lips, watching Leon's regret-filled expression.

It was later when they had taken a seat at the restaurant for their breakfast that Leon finally seemed to find his voice again. "Look, Cale, I can—"

"Hey bears, how was hibernation?" Zach chimes as he takes a seat beside Cale, Leon sitting opposite to them both.

"It was eye-opening." Cale muses, looking at Leon even though it was Zach who had asked the question. Zach looks confused, as he watches the interaction.

"Um...what happened?"

●●●●●

I will be updating later today, so any guesses/theories on what the book could be about?

Thanks for reading.