47- Drunk

"I and Quinn will be there for dinner," Candance informs, voice a little shaky from the other side of the phone.

"Okay, don't be too harsh on the psychic," Cale replies, juggling his bag with his dry clothes and his phone as he walks down the hall-way to their rooms. They had been assigned with 15 rooms to change and get ready for dinner, ideally, they could choose any room they want to but not sharing was inevitable.

"All I can say is, Quinn has ideas." Candance replies, "Gotta go, we are next."

"Bye!" Cale wishes, the call ending with a beep.

"Cale!" Zach calls out, head poking out from one of the rooms.

"You changed already!" Cale points out, wide eyes looking over the other's changed shirt and shorts. 

"Yeah, unlike some," Zach replies, doing a one-over.

"Look I left my shoes on the bus, so can you look after my bag till then?" Zach questions, pointing at the crocks he was wearing.

"Wow, look who's being polite." Cale comments, teasing smile decorating lips, droplets of water falling down his cheeks from his hair.

Zach rolls his eyes, pushing past Cale without giving the other a second look.

"Rude," Cale mutters under his breath as he enters the room coming face to face with Jesper, Haden, and Leon.

"First bathroom!"

"Second bathroom!"

Both of them consequently call out, walking into the said bathrooms with their clothes. Leaving behind Leon and Cale.

"Well that makes the two of us." Leon points out, gulping at the fact that they have been left alone.

The room in itself was really small, it was more so built like a changing room than anything else.

"At least, I am not a complete stranger," Cale replies, a shy smile dancing around in his lips. Placing his bag on top of Zach's, opening the front zip to retrieve a small velvet box that held all his piercings, which he had removed before going inside the park.

"Meh," Leon teases, fingers moving across his wet hair, droplets of water falling off.

"Haha very funny, I am dying of laughter," Cale replies, monotonously, taking one of the metal rings out. He tucks his wet hair behind his ear, using his fingers to feel the piercing-hole, forgoing that as a guide to put his earring in.

"Yeah! I am thinking of dropping out to pursue stand-up comedy."

Cale laughs at that, leaning forward due to the strength of it.

"See! I am perfect at this." Leon smiles endearingly, hearing the other's laugh.

"I was laughing at you, not at the 'joke'." Cale informs, struggling to put the ring in his lobe. "Why did I even get this stupid piercing?"

"Yeah, why did you?" Leon asks, bringing his hands forward to help Cale.

"You better not break my earing, or else I will re-arrange each and every cell in your body," Cale warns, brown eyes pulled into a frown.

"Hey! If it makes you feel better, I used to have piercings too during my emo phase." Leon explains, raising his hands up to show he means no harm.

Cale looks a mix of skeptical and shock as he hands his earing over to Leon.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Leon asks, reaching forward towards Cale's ears.

"I am just trying to imagine you in your emo phase," Cale answers, looking like he was having an inner monologue.

"How did you get this piercing?" Leon asks, driving the other's thoughts away from his past.

"Oh yeah, see my snug was an informed and well thought out decision but my lobe was a drunken choice because I was stressed. I mean I wasn't drunk drunk, but it wasn't the best moment for me, and the piercer saw that I had a snug and went with my shenanigans." Cale begins telling the story, hands moving animatedly in accordance with his words. Leon unconsciously smiles as he listens to Cale recite the story, eyes never leaving the other's face.

"I like you." 

●●●●

:)

Thanks for reading!

PS- This is the second chapter that I posted today, so check Chapter 46 too if you haven't yet.