46-Offer

"You go in first!" Cale exclaims, trying to run away from the prying hands of his friend. Candace and Quinn had gone off to this psychic show and even though it was only going to start at 5. They took off early because Quinn needed to change out of her wet clothes. I

f they had gone to get enlightenment or simply to have fun, Cale couldn't know. But what he does know is that he is being left alone in the evil hands of Zach.

"Come on, Cale. It's just like any other water slide." Zach enumerates, throwing his hands up.

"No, it's not!" Cale retorts, looking at the inline tube slide with antipathy. "How can you even breathe inside those."

"You are just scared that you will get stuck in between." Zach points out, shivering a little due to the wind hitting his wet body. They were stood on the top of the water slide, the whole water park visible in front of them.

"That too, I guess," Cale says, not meeting eyes

"Look Cale, this may sound appalling but there is a thing called gravity." Zach begins, hands moving animatedly to show his point.

"Gravity is only a theory," Cale states, with a blank face.

"Are you on drugs right now?" Zach asks, focusing in on Cale's face.

"What? No." Cale denies the allegations, face pulled down in a frown.

"What—"

"People, there is a line." Leon voices, body jittering from the cold and the excitement, this being his third time on the ride.

"There is no one behind you, Leon." Cale points out, pointing at the non-existent line behind Leon.

"But there are people in front of me." Leon rebukes, "Moreover, Mrs. Najeem is asking us to get out of the water and change."

"But—"

"Shush!" Zach shuts them both up from fighting. "I am going in, you come behind me and then you." Pointing at Cale and Leon subsequently.

"Now let me enjoy my last ride, without you guys' whines and conspiracies." Turning away from them both, squatting down in front of the opening.

"Zach!" Cale tries again, in return he gets to see his friend go down the hell hole. He turns back towards Leon. "You better not bail on me."

"When have I ever?" Leon questions, hands taking hold of Cale's elbows and turning the other around. "Now, if prince charming over here would stop questioning gravity and instead enjoy the ride."

"Okay okay." Cale fisting his hands together out of nervousness, teeth assaulting the inside of his cheek, "Oh my god, I am gonna get stuck in there."

"Cale," Leon begins, pulling the other's fingers apart. "It's going to be okay." He pacifies, voice mellow.

"Okay, I can do this." Cale heaves a deep breath, looking determined.

"You can do this." Leon repeats, "Moreover, if you do get stuck then I will get stuck too, and frankly speaking I don't see a problem with that."

"Uh-huh." Cale muses, though, specks of pink, peaked from his cheeks. 

"Wonderful offer, isn't it?"

"Well I can only go on with this offer if you leave my hand." He raises their interlinked up, waving it in front of Leon's face.

Leon is quick to withdraw their hands, looking anywhere but those chocolate brown eyes, acting like he was stretching his body.

"Don't let me down on the offer, okay?" Cale notifies, squatting down like Zach a few seconds back.

●●●●●

;)

Thanks for reading!