Chapter Fourteen: Heathens!

AN:   WTF am I doing?

-----

A string of incessant text tones pulled Hobi from a lovely dream involving himself and a pile of other people. Rubbing sleep from his eyes, he snagged his phone from his nightstand and blinked blurrily at the bright screen. A quick check of the time revealed it was only a quarter after six.

"Who the fuck..." he grumbled, opening his messenger with a glower. He had only landed in his bed four hours ago, the party having moved to Yoongi's apartment once Namjoon insisted he was fine. The poor guy had looked worse for wear with the bruise spreading across his face, the skin split on his cheekbone and on the side of his lip. Plus, he looked like he was going to fall asleep against Jin while their hyung was holding the steak to the blond's face. Namjoon had been pretty firm about not wanting to ruin everyone's night, even though no one claimed it would have been ruined if they'd all gone home right then.

In the end, they'd stayed at Yoongi's for a couple hours, raiding the cranky chef's liquor cabinet. When the clock chimed two, the burgundy-haired man had kicked almost everyone out. Jungkook took Tae, Jimin, and their new friend Dasom to their respective homes. Hoseok had stumbled down the hall to his own apartment. As far as Namjoon and Jin, though, Hoseok wasn't sure. He had left before them and, far as he could recall, they were still sitting on Yoongi's couch, talking in low tones and playing with each other's hands. It was sickly-sweet and Hoseok thought he would get a tooth ache just from watching them.

Sitting up in bed, Hoseok blinked down at the messages that had awoken him, a smile starting to lift the corners of his mouth.

Geongminie

Geongminie:
OPPA
OPPA
OPPA
HOBI-OOPA
*OPA
Fuck. Oppa. Whatever.
Answer me.

Hoseok:
Wtf
It's not even 630
Go back to bed

Geongminie:
I had a 6am class
Been up since 5

Hoseok:
Stop texting in class

Geongminie:
I said I had a 6am class
I didn't say I went to it
ANYWAY
What the hell happened last night?

Hoseok:
?

Geongminie:
Don't you ? me
I saw your insta
Beanpole oppa sittin' on your lap

Hoseok:
You woke me up to ask
me about a picture

Geongminie:
No, I woke you up
to ask about my brother
Sitting. On. Your. Lap

Hoseok:
?

Geongminie:
ofmg just answer the question

Hoseok:
You never asked a
question!?

Geongminie:
I swear you're as bad as my brother
Fine
Here it is posed in the form of a question
What is "why is my brother on your lap?"

Hoseok:
Why not?

Geongminie:
Because reasons

Hoseok:
He's my friend?
Friends sit on each other?

Geongminie:
Oh.
That's it?
Just a friendly lap-sitting?

Hoseok:
Uhm, yeah?
Why?
What did you think it was?