Chapter Seventeen: Calm Your Tits

AN: A bit of a shorter chapter but I felt like giving you guys something to tide you over until more heavy shit goes down.  Especially after all the heavy shit that just went down in previous chapters.  Next chapter will be a lot deeper than this, don't worry.

As an aside, I've put up a new book called "A Tip Book For the Rest of Us."  It's an advice book that covers things normal advice books don't touch.  Such as how to properly formulate an amazing insult that is both bizarre and family friendly.  Go check it out!

-----

Hoseok hated the early morning shift at the front desk, especially when he had worked a full shift at the Ciel the night before. With Jin penciled off the roster for an indeterminate amount of time, though, they were slightly shorthanded. He was stuck covering for his hyung. Given the reason behind Seokjin taking time off, though, Hobi couldn't really complain.

The only bonus of working so early was that it wasn't particularly busy. People usually didn't check out until closer to noon, and many of them took advantage of the express checkout option that allowed them to leave their keycards in their room and check out digitally. At just a quarter after eight, he'd only had three guests approach for assistance.

Doing his best not to doze off, Hoseok surreptitiously scrolled through his phone, keeping it hidden below the edge of the counter so no one could see him dicking off when he was supposed to be working. His plan failed miserably when a throat cleared from in front of him.

He fumbled with his phone and dropped it with a clatter, chin jerking up to gaze in surprise at a woman with a short, blond bob standing just on the other side of the counter. Her lips curved into an amused smile as he froze in place.

"Don't worry, handsome. I'm not going to tattle on you." She winked and held her room key out toward him.

A second woman stepped up to the counter, rolling her eyes. She flicked long, black hair over her shoulder with one hand, holding her card out, as well, with the other. "Miran, I swear you'll flirt with any-" She cut herself off as her eyes met Hoseok's.

"Hobi-ah!" Dasom's face lit up like a lamp.

"Noona!" he returned, his expression a mirror of hers. "It's nice to see you again. I hope you enjoyed your stay?"

Dasom folded her arms on the countertop and leaned forward slightly. Hobi couldn't help but notice how her posture increased the cleavage peaking out of the top of her tank top. "Some nights were better than others," she admitted, eyes twinkling. "But overall, I'd definitely come back." She paused, drawing an invisible pattern on the marble with the tip of her finger. "Especially if someone invited me to visit."

From her side, Miran snorted and pressed a hand over her mouth. Hoseok glanced her way before returning his attention to the dark-haired woman.

"I know someone who might do that," Hoseok murmured, processing their checkout quickly. "But he'll need your phone number for that."

Dasom reached an arm over the counter and snagged a sticky note from where it rested near his computer. She stole the pen that was tucked into the pocket of his vest and scribbled quickly on the paper before offering him the note. "Make sure you give it to him," she ordered with a wink.

"You can count on it." He winked back, taking both the number and his pen back from her.

"Oh my God, come on." Miran grabbed Dasom's upper arm with one hand, her rolling luggage with the other, and started to pull her away from the counter.

"Don't be salty," Dasom muttered, letting herself be yanked across the foyer with her own luggage in tow. She turned back toward Hoseok before they disappeared through the doors and wiggled her fingers in farewell.