Heartbreak Girl

Dedicated to livyboobear

//Louis//

She calls me up, "Louis.."

"Yes, babe?"

"I think Brad and I are officially over." It's like a broken record, saying that her heart hurts.
"I'll never get over him getting over me," she ends up crying.

"Y/N, calm down." I try to help as best I can, but I just end up lying. "You two are perfect for each other. You know he loves you. In fact, I bet he's trying to call right now to make up, but I'm blocking the line!"

She sniffles and then laughs. "I just don't know what to do anymore."

"Come over tomorrow night, okay? We'll do something fun; watch movies, eat."

"Thanks for being a friend, Lou."

"You got it, Babe." I click off.
~

I push out of Starbucks, my beverage chilling my hand as the Autumn breeze picks up. Turning right, stepping over the cracks in the sidewalk, I make it a good ways back to my apartment in thought.

What movie should we get? How long do I have to shove everything in the closet? Reality always hits. Hard.

I look up to see Y/N, hair flowing, skin glowing, laughter rolling as she's towing Brad behind her hand-in-hand. They're crossing the street I'm on, heading left.

It seems like we're going in circles again and again. They always break up, she calls me, they get back together not a week later.

I'm pissed as Hell despite having no reason to be. I should have seen this coming. It's not like she said she was done with him.
~

//Y/N//

Brad is snoozing on my couch, so I decide to call Louis.

"Hey, Y/N," he picks up, tone flat.

"Lou, I was just calling to say that I may be a bit late tonight."
The line is silent. "Louis?"

"What?" He's terse.

"Excuse me? Is there a problem?"

"Oh, nothing. As long as you're happy everything's peachy."

"You're making no sense, Louis," I snap.

"Look, I saw you with Brad today, all lovey-dovey."

"So, is this about PDA?" I'm peeved.

"Yes. No. I don't know. The fact that you were just pouring your heart out to me, cursing him and now you're doing God knows what."

"You said it yourself that he would come crawling back to me, that we were the perfect match!" I scream in dismay, "make up your mind!"

Before Louis can respond, my phone is wrought out of my hand and thrown against the wall along with my back.

Brad's face is in mine, nostrils flared as his fingers dig into my upper arms. "I thought, he whispers menacingly, placing emphasis on the last 't', "I told you not to talk to Louis again."
I feel tears escaping my eyes. Oh, God. Please, not again.

~

//Louis//

I crush a beer can in my hand, letting it fall to the floor; I've reached the level of intoxication where I don't care anymore.

My senses are too slow to notice my door being rattled on and then swung open.

Y/N stops in her tracks, seeing me in my boxers, beer cans littering the floor with random trash creating a minefield; I hadn't cleaned up.