It Will Rain

It Will Rain.

--HARRY--

Totally clean. I'm letting you guys have a clean cleanse.

Ya'll dirty.

Dedicated to MayeeshaMaliha

I'm broken. Do you hear me?
"I hear you, Harry. Loud and clear." You said out loud, throwing some pajamas and extra clothes in a backpack. One Direction's new single, More Than This was stealing hearts all over the world. But it was you who felt the truth in the song. The way the words haunted every inch of your body, and raised goosebumps up and down your arms. You knew the pain Harry was feeling when he wrote it. The longing, the heartbreak, the undying love that can't be fulfilled.
You knew the pain he was feeling all too well. In fact, you were feeling it, too. Even worse, you had caused it for him.
You woke up from a long night with Harry. The clock read 7:22 AM. Perfect. Last night, you found out Harry had been cheating on you. He confessed, and begged you to stay with him. You threw your things into a suitcase, ignoring his pleas.Tears ran down your face mercilessly. "(Y/N), no!" He screamed. He threw your suitcase to the ground and wrapped his arms around you. You struggled to escape his grip, but he was far too strong for you, and you gave up.
"Why, Harry? Why?" You demanded, your face still soaked and stained from your own angry tears.
"I'm an idiot, (Y/N). I'm a fucking idiot and I don't deserve you! But I need you, and goddammit you need me, too!" You stared at him. His green eyes were glossy with tears, but dark with worry. His full, pink lips trembled but his arms remained firm around you. Slowly and never breaking eye contact, he moved his face closer to yours. You didn't know whether to kiss him hard or run away, so you just stood there. He stopped when his lips were achingly close to yours, and whispered in his hoarse, sorrow-laced voice.
"Stay with me."
"Harry, I-"
"I slept with her (Y/N), but it wasn't love. I only love you. So, please, stay with me." He moved even closer, his lips caressed yours like a soft summer wind, barely touching. "Make love to me tonight."
It was all he had to say. You crashed your lips onto his and you proved your love to him for what you thought would be the last time.
The next morning, you gathered to few belongings he had of yours, wrote him a note stating simply, "I don't know if I'll stop loving you. But I just can't be with you anymore." And you left.
That was the last you two had seen of each other until just two weeks ago. You finally, finally got the courage to go on a date with someone who you ended up really liking. However, to your dismay, the two of you bumped into Harry and he lost it. He made your date so uncomfortable that he ended up leaving, and he never called back. Harry was obviously worried about you moving on, judging by the new single. You needed to see him.
You stepped outside to find it was already dark at 9:30 PM, not rare for dreary London weather. You began to make the familiar walk to Harry's flat. What would he say? Would he even want to see you?
Soon enough, you were surrounded by a cold, heavy rain. Your dark curls matted to your forehead and your thin black sweater clung uncomfortably to your skin, but you didn't care. All you cared about was getting to Harry.
You stopped in front of the familiar house to see Harry rushing out the door. "(Y/N)! What the bloody hell are you doing out in this weather? You're going to get sick! Get inside, now!"
You ran to him, stopping only when your body was about to collide with his.
"(Y/N), what the absolute fuck are you-"
"Did she mean anything to you?"
He blinked his long, dark lashes over his green eyes twice before his face softened. "No. No, of course not. I wasn't thinking, I love you. Only you." He was cautious with his words, terrified to say the wrong thing.
"What about me, huh? Do I mean something to you?" Tears were falling down your cheeks, rivalling the rain pounding into your face.
"(Y/N), you have no idea. You're my everything. These past couple of months, you've been the only thing going through my mind." You couldn't tell if he was crying or if it was the rain. "Goddammit, (Y/N), why were you out with him?" His voice was breaking, proving that he was crying. He was crying for you.
"I was trying to forget you. But you don't have to worry, there's no way I could do that. But, goddammit I hate you."
He looked at you, hurt canvasing his face entirely. You grabbed his face and kissed him hard, and he kissed you back almost immediately. You pulled away to say, "I fucking hate you, Harry." You kissed him again. "I hate that you cheated on me." You kissed him again to balance the hate with love. "I hate you for lying." You lips met his yet another time, but he stayed completely silent. "I hate that no matter how much I hate you, I will never stop loving you." You kissed him again, no stopping this time. Within seconds, there was no your mouth and his mouths, only the two sets of full pink lips working together, as a unit. Two hearts, minds, and souls colliding and molding together as one.
"Wait, (Y/N)." He pulled away and stared deep into your eyes.
I don't want to wait. You said to yourself, resisting the urge to kiss him again.
"If I invite you inside, I need you to promise me that I'll wake up next to you tomorrow morning. Not a note and an empty house. I can't let you leave me and break my heart again."
You grabbed his face, kissing him softly and briefly before looking into his eye and cupping his face. You used your thumbs to whisk away the tears and the rain and said, "Harry, I promise you that you will wake up to me tomorrow. And the next day, and the next day, and every day after that until you realize that you're too good for me and leave me. I know what it's like now, to not have you there. And I'm never putting myself through that again."
He wrapped his arms around you, his familiar warmth enveloping you. "That's never gonna happen, (Y/N). You know why? Because no matter what we go through, at the end of the day, I love you. So, so much. And that's all we need." He kissed you one more time before leading you inside, so you could pick up your life together where you left it off.