I Do Not Need You Calling Me Baby

You knew the upcoming match was important, but so were you. And so was your relationship with Niall. Which is exactly why you'd put on your best outfit to head down to his training ground and remind him what he had waiting at home. Niall had said before he'd signed his contract to play for his national rugby team that the time commitment would be greater than when he was playing just for his regional club, but you knew this was his childhood dream, and you didn't want to stand in the way of that.

Their upcoming match was a qualifier and you knew how important it was, how much pressure Niall was under from his coach and the clubs manager, and you were more than happy to help him relax, but he seemed to have no interest in you in that way recently. Maybe it was the stress or he was just tired, but you had needs too and you were growing impatient. So you sit watching him play in a friendly match, their coach yelling relentlessly at them as they lost by an ever-increasing margin. You tried to remind yourself to focus on the game so that you could talk to him about it later, but seeing his thigh muscles tensed and covered in mud, you couldn't keep your mind off all the things you wanted to do to him.
You come to your senses, seeing that Niall finally has possession of the ball, his chance to prove himself. As he races to cross the score line he weaves in and out of a few of the opposition, until one of them manages to catch a hold of his top, ripping it open with such force that Niall visibly lurches forward holding his stomach. They had barely any time left to turn the score around but the team were falling apart, not playing cohesively with one another.

You could see the frustration on Niall's face, a look that was a familiar reminder of how frustrated you were capable of making him, reducing him to moaning pleas into your ear of what he wanted you to do, knowing the feeling of power it gave you. Power that hadn't been yours for far, far too long. And if the outcome of this game was anything to go by, it'd be a while yet before he'd loosen up and fuck you already.
You check the time on the scoreboard; they had a little over a minute to make their loss slightly less tragic than it currently was, all hopes of winning or even drawing were long gone.

"Shít! Oh for fùcks sake, what are they..." You hear the guy next to you shout, utterly exasperated. You follow his eye line onto the pitch, and see absolute anarchy breaking out. The scrum had gotten out of control; frustration and aggression getting in the way of tactics and sportsmanship. You see Niall deliberately dig his elbow into the side of one of the other players as he ran past him, only for another player from the other team to body slam Niall and tackle him to the ground. You stand up, trying to see if he was ok, but he didn't get up. The whistle blew, signalling the end of the match. You began to walk out of the stands to get to Niall on the pitch, but the guy that had been sat next to you grabbed your elbow.

"I wouldn't go down there right now if I were you." He warned you.

"It's ok, I'm Niall's girlfriend and he's obviously hurt..."

"He'll be fine. But they just got absolutely annihilated and there's no way Coach isn't about to give them shit for it, so I'd give it a good ten minutes before you go down there if I were you." He raised an eyebrow letting you know you'd be foolish to ignore his warning.

You look back to the pitch as the team traipsed off towards the changing rooms, the coach already barking at them. You see Niall pull his gum guard out of his mouth, only to spit a mouthful of blood into the mud underfoot. His chin was cut and bleeding a steady stream down his jaw and neck, and it took everything in you not to run down to be next to him.
After deleting half your inbox, changing your background photo 3 times, replying to all outstanding texts and dying 15 times on flappy bird, there was nothing left on your phone that could distract you from the fact that you ached to be with Niall.