Hurricane

Hope you like it's my first time submitting something like this.

Somebody tell me, tell me, that I'm dreaming

My eyes open as the nightmare I thought I had forgotten returns. The nightmare began to play with my mind.

I'm telling you I went dry
I couldn't do it anymore
Told myself that I was fine
It was something that I'd just ignore

I walked towards her. She lay on the couch her (Y/H/C) locks surrounding her soft face.
"I can't do this" I whispered harshly, hoping it would be enough for her to hate me.
"What do you mean?" She asked so softly. Her body was now stiff and sitting up revealing the love bites from days ago. I knew that she knew what I meant. But she asked because she didn't believe me. She didn't believe that I was throwing away the two years we had spent together. She didn't believe that three days ago would be the last time we would make love. That in three days I could get over her.
"I just don't love you anymore"

That I'd feel a weight lift up
The moment that I followed through
But I guess I fooled myself
Cause I never really wanted to

She nodded unable to speak because if she did she would break down. I watched as her small figure made its way upstairs. The door to our room slamming shut. My body laid back against the love seat we had shared countless memories in. My hands brushed through my hair making me think of what I had just done. Before I could rethink my decision I heard things being thrown and muffled screams. As much as I wanted to I didn't make my way upstairs to comfort her. After an hour she walked back down dragging a suitcase behind her. I heard the door click open and before it could click once more she spoke.
"Someone will come get the rest of my stuff," she spoke with no emotion her voice so dry from the tears. I didn't dare look at her because I would have changed my mind. Without another word she left.

Oh I knew
That even if I kept you in the dark
It would never do
Because it only takes a spark

It has been months since I've seen or heard of her. After I ended things the paparazzi began to lose interest in her. But I didn't. I thought that pushing her away would do it. But I was only fooling myself into thinking that I could forget her.

I'm standing in the pouring rain
I feel it like a hurricane
A photograph is all it takes
But I know I shouldn't let it
And the memory is rising fast
It's seeping in through every crack
Oh funny how it all comes back
When you're trying to forget it

Now I sat on my bed all alone. The countless women I had been with weren't enough no matter how much I tried. Memories us reappeared once again reminding me of what I had thrown away. Suddenly, I found myself resting on her pillow taking in the scent that was fading away every second.

Here comes the hurricane

Days passed on and this love sickness wouldn't leave. As much as I pushed it away missing her became a reoccurring event for me. But I left her to protect her from the evil I had done.

Oh when I cut you off
It was something that I had to do
You can try to push it down
But it's always going to follow you

There was a distinct smell something anyone could decipher in a matter of seconds. But when she walked upstairs to our room she didn't smell anything. Her thoughts on our "romance" clouded her mind from realizing that I had broken everything around us. I had broken the relationship over a girl who didn't love me like the girl who had stood in front of me. The feeling of guilt consumed me over the last few months we were together. Countless of times I attempted to tell her but I couldn't imagine her reaction. I didn't want to imagine what I could do to the girl who loved me and trusted me.