Part 5 - Malcolm

I got home after I had lunch with Eve and took a long bubble bath. I wanted to treat myself good after all that I've been through lately. I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing but I'm pretty sure and optimistic about the outcome of the presentation. Even if it doesn't work out as well as I hope it will I still believe I did good work and deserve to relax and not think about work for once. At least that's what I tried to do.

It seems like getting Downey out of my head is impossible. I can't stop thinking about that particular moment in the conference room. How close he was to me. How we almost kissed. How badly I wanted to kiss him. I never had this kind of thoughts about him in the past. It didn't even cross my mind doing something like that. It all started when I saw him with the intern. That cursed moment is what I'm blaming for this.

Although, I have plans for tonight which means I have to forget about him and start getting ready. I haven't thought about what I should wear but it's okay because I still have time ahead of me. I open my closet and take a look at my clothes without being satisfied by anything. It's one of those days when I simply hate every single piece of clothing I own. I try many outfits on and after rejecting them I come up with one that feels nice for the night.

I take my time and apply as much make up as I feel is nice and then continue with my accessories. I choose a pair of silver earrings, medium size, and I spay myself with one of my favourite perfumes. I wear my classic heels everyday at work so this is an opportunity for my higher ones. I haven't tried them on for a while but I'm sure I'll be fine.

I was ready on time, with a few minutes to spare actually. I waited for these few minutes and finally I heard the door phone buzzing. Just as I expected it was Malcolm and after locking the door I took the elevator and met him outside my apartment building.

"Hey" he says smiling just when he sees me.

"Hi, don't you look great!" I compliment him and I mean it.

I see him dressed in suits everyday but his outfit now is different. It's formal but it's not office kind. He looks so good.

"I was about to say the same thing. And also that you look taller" he jokes about my high heels.

"Well, I can't really wear these at work" I shug and he gives me his elbow.

"Let me walk you to my car" he says and we start walking over.

He opens the door for me first and then takes a seat next to me, on the driver's seat. I've never been inside his car before but I see it almost everyday. It's nice and clean on the inside just like it is on the outside. It smells fresh and it's very comfortable.

We spent a few minutes discussing where we should go and after we agreed we drove us there. It's a place we both like and been to before. We both enjoy the kind of music it plays and like the atmosphere. We found a spot to settle down and order our drinks.

"Enough about work, don't you think? We're here to celebrate your success" he says after we discussed how the meeting went for a while.

"Yes, absolutely!" we raise our glasses and then we both take a sip.

"So, what's new with you? I can't recall the last time you told me anything other than work"

"That's because there's nothing new about me. My life's boring" I shake my head in embarrassment.

"That's not true. I can remember a lot of interesting stories you've shared with me" he laughs.

"None of them are recent" I laugh with him.

There have been a few times when I was being more adventurous and had more fun but all these stories had to do with alcohol and I'm not such a heavy drinker anymore.