Part 10 - The Morning After

Did I sleep all night? No.

Is the morning here? Yes.

Do I know what I'm going to do when I face Downey again today? No.

God, I'm living a nightmare.

Now that I think about it, it's 8 am and he's not knocking on my door for breakfast. That's what we've talked about. It's weird because he's always on time but I really don't mind at all. When another 10 minutes pass by I admit I start feeling anxious. Maybe something happened to him.

Should I check up on him?

Absolutely not. He's probably fine and I'll be too embarrassed. I sigh and watch through the peephole in case he's out there. But he's not. Another minute goes by and I hear some noise from outside. I look again through the peephole and see it's the room service bringing breakfast to Downey's room.

Is he avoiding me?

I don't know how to feel about it. At least it spares me from the embarrassment of facing him and turning completely red. Having to eat something myself, I call the room service to get some breakfast in my room too. They're pretty fast and a few minutes later they're here. I carefully open the door and try to be done with the man as fast as I can. I don't want Downey opening his door and us having an awkward meeting.

When I'm done with my breakfast and my two cups of coffee I finally sit impatiently on the bed. I hear Downey's door opening and without even thinking about it I go back to the peephole. He looks at the door and I fall on the floor immediately. He can't see me, right? My heart is beating so fast, I'm so ridiculously nervous. He knocks on the door.

F*ck.

I don't open it, I'm frozen on the floor. He knocks again.

Go away, dammit.

"Ms. Beck, are you in there?" his voice so calm, nothing like mine if I decide to speak.

I go over to my purse as quietly as I can and take my phone out. I don't know what else to do so I call Eve. She takes a while to answer it but she does in the end.

"Why are you calling me so early? It's Saturday" she groans.

"I did something really stupid" I whisper on the phone.

"Did you mess up that meeting you had yesterday?"

"No, I wish that was it" I sigh.

"What is it then?"

"I made out with Downey last night" I face-palm myself.

"Are you crazy? Liv, he's married!" she yells at me.

When I'm about to answer he knocks on my door again making me even more nervous.

"I know he is! Now he's knocking on my door and I don't want to see him ever again. What do I do?" I whisper scream at her and feel my palms sweating.

"You'll have to face him sooner or later, maybe it's better if you don't avoid him. You'll make it even more awkward" she sighs desperately.

"Okay, you're right" I gulp.

"Good luck" she wishes me and we hang up the phone call.

I go over to the door and look outside but he's not there. Of course now that I wanted him to be there he's not. I'm not going to knock on his door, he'll be back eventually. I decide that my best option is to get in the shower to relax. I'm going to need all the relaxation I can get for today.

I get in the shower and let the hot water fall on my body. I try to stop myself from thinking about him and it somehow works. I'm definitely more relaxed. A hot shower can make wonders happen. After a while I step out of the shower and notice the whole bathroom is full with steam. I wrap a towel around my body and another one around my hair and go over to the closet that's next to the bed. I remove the towel that was around my body and put on some panties and a bra.