Part 29 - Buddies

Strangely the last few days Downey's not interacting with me but ironically he's been working a lot with Malcolm. I don't like them hanging out together and bonding. I know this is some kind of plan that Downey has planned but I can't seem to understand where he's going with it. He can't let Malcolm know about me and him because that's his ass on the line. Maybe he just wants to make me feel uncomfortable. This makes sense and is also working. I can't stand watching them sharing a laugh from times to times, when with the corner of my eye I see them having fun in between working.

Now it's even after work hours and they seem to haven't noticed it. I go over to the conference room they've been using and politely knock on the door. They turn their heads to look at me and I slowly walk over to Malcolm. I rest my hands softly on his shoulders and look at his work papers.

"Do you still have much work to do? It's getting late" I ask knowing very well it's already late.

"Sorry, I didn't realize it was this late" Malcolm says shaking his head after checking his watch.

"You're welcome to join us, Ms.Beck" Downey says and lets his back fall back into the chair.

"I think that's enough work for all of us for today" I smile nicely to give him the message.

"Who said anything about work?" he asks smirking and Malcolm chuckles.

I give Malcolm a very unentertained look, the you're in trouble mister look.

"May I ask what's that you're referring to then?" I ask exhaling rhythmically to keep myself calm.

"Mr. Collins and I are going for a drink" Downey says proudly, leaving me in shock.

I freeze for a few seconds and wait for someone to tell me this is a joke. I mean, it's extremely weird for the three of us to go out, right?

"Since when are you two hanging out so much?" I ask laughing to show Malcolm I'm joking but I'm sure Downey knows this is very serious question.

"Seems like we have many things in common so why not celebrate?" Downey says raising his eyebrow.

"Come on, baby, it will be fun" Malcolm smiles at me and brushes his hand up my leg.

"Maybe she wants to give us some time to bond, maybe get to know each other better" Downey continues and I feel threatened.

"Of course I'll join you" I say happily.
"I wouldn't want to miss all the fun"

"That's the spirit" Downey says and crosses his arms.

"I'll go get my stuff and we can get going" Malcolm says and we nod.

When he leaves and we're alone in the room I turn to look at Downey with the most hateful look I think I've ever used.

"You're going too far, Downey" I warn him.

"So you hanging out with my wife is in limits but me hanging out with your boyfriend is not?" he asks cockily.

"I've stopped communicating with your wife, stop complaining, you got what you wanted" I sigh desperately.

"What's the matter, darling? You don't like the taste of your own poison?" he smirks and approaches me.

"Oh my God" I groan and roll my eyes.

He rests his hand on my lower back and asks some pressure on it until I see Malcolm and pull away from Downey. We all drive to a place that's somehow near to the office and we find a place to settle down. We proceed with ordering our drinks and Downey decides to be funny by making a wild guess of my drink. Of course he already knew that from the previous times we had drinks and that's why I didn't find this amusing at all. During the whole night Malcolm seemed fascinated by Downey. He laughed at all his jokes, shared many things with him, he even started calling him by his name. And God, that sounds so wrong and weird to me. 

But I wish that was the only thing bothering me. I felt Downey's stare on me all the time. Also, his hand was brushing against me every now and then causing me to gulp uncomfortably. I had to use the bathroom to recover my senses and act normal in front of Malcolm. Downey knew exactly what he was doing. Being discreet and sneaky. He never once lost his concentration on the conversation or stuttered. He's probably done this countless times before, I really shouldn't be surprised.  We were left alone when Malcolm excused himself to visit the bathroom. I stood from my seat to exhale and move the tension away but when I looked at Downey he was calm and relaxed, enjoying a sip from his drink.

"Are you trying to cause a scene?" I ask facing him. 

"If I wanted to cause a scene that wouldn't be the way I chose to do it" he chuckles. 

"Then what's the point?" I'm exhausted by the situation.

"I'm just having fun, I think you are too" he smirks and grabs my ass with his free hand. 

He gives me a light squeeze which makes me both furious and embarrassed. Anyone here could see us and especially Malcolm. I'd love to know how he doesn't feel uncomfortable at all doing these things around Malcolm but I can't risk him rambling about it and Malcolm accidentally hearing us.

"Don't touch me, anyone could see us" I hiss and see Malcolm with the corner of my eye so I take my seat again.

I lean close to him for the rest of the night, away from the source of my embarrassement and uncomfortable vibes all evening that's called Downey. He flirts with me, touches me, does things to me and since I'm not doing anything to stop him he continues. For some reason my logic decides to leave the room every time I'm left alone with him and I end up regretting it afterwards. He knows that since I told him a million times that I want us to be over but in reality all I do is talk about it and not act. My body falls for him every time and I can't stop it.

Why can't my brain take over my heart at times like these?

This night finally came to an end soon and I was more than happy to wish Downey good night. I felt the best satisfaction watching him getting in to his car and driving away when we got in to Malcolm's car. I was finally out of his reach. Malcolm rests his hand on my thigh lovingly and looks at me deeply. His other hand travels to the back of my neck and softly pulls me in for a kiss which gets better and better by the second. It has passion, lust, desire, kindness, everything.

"Wanna go finish this at your place?" he asks grinning.

"Yes, please" I giggle and stroke his thigh playfully just before he starts driving.