Part 7 - Teasing Game

New day, new adventure in front of me. The first day of working with Downey starts in a while and I don't know how to feel about it. I certainly couldn't stop myself from dressing more revealing today. But not wanting to feel uncomfortable in my own trap I wear a jacket over my dress to feel safer. Yes, I want to use my looks for Downey but I don't want anyone else looking at me like that.

I get in my office and take a seat waiting to hear from Downey. He said we'd be working together from now on but he didn't say where or when. So I sit and wait for a sign of him. But as I sit I notice something. I don't know if my mind is playing weird games or if it's actually true but I can smell his perfume.

Am I going crazy?

My phone rings just a couple of minutes later and before I answer it I can feel it's him.

"I'm waiting for you in conference room 1" I was expecting his assistant to be the one on the other side of the phone but it's a pleasant surprise that it's actually him.

"I'm on my way" I say and he hangs up.

Not so talkative on the phone, huh.

I get up immediately and go over to the conference room. The door and the window blocks are closed so I knock before getting inside. He's sitting in the middle of the huge desk and I can see many files around him. He takes his eyes off the papers in front of him to look at me as I'm walking towards him.

"Good morning" I say and sit on the chair opposite of him.

"Likewise, Ms. Beck"

His voice sounds deeper than usual. I guess he's not fully awake just yet.

"What do you need me to do?"

"For starters I need you to tell me if you'd like a cup of coffee. I, personally, can't start working without it"

"Yes, thank you. I always need one in the morning"

"Don't thank me, thank Claire in a moment" he smirks and then calls her to let her know we'd like two coffees.

Just a few minutes later she comes inside with the coffees in her hands and places them in front of each one of us. She already knew which one was for Downey so she didn't have to ask which one goes where.

"Thank you, Claire" I smile at her.

"I'll let you know if we need anything else" Downey says kindly to her.

She wishes us luck with the work and then leaves us alone again. I watch Downey as he takes his first sip from his cup of coffee. He exhales in satisfaction before placing his cup down and then looks at me. I must have a grin on my face because he smiles when he sees me.

"What? You haven't seen a man enjoying his coffee before?" he asks playfully.

"No, I have. Sorry for staring" I apologize and he shakes his head smiling.

"Anyway, why don't you start with reading these files to get the meaning of the meetings? We'll go over the next pile of them together. That's where I need help"

"Okay" I agree and get the first pile he showed me next to me.

He focuses on his laptop and I turn my attention on the files. The more I read them the more I understand what's going on. This is an idea which, according to the numbers, can maximize the company's profits. It includes stocks, investments and it even suggests some kind of strategy which will help the company beat the competition between other companies in the market.

"This is genius, I don't even know why you need my help with anything" I say shocked by all the work that's in front of my eyes.

He chuckles and then looks at me proudly.