Part 33 - Hurt

"You son of a b*tch" Malcolm says angrily at Downey and moves towards him.

Oh f*ck.

I quickly grab Malcolm's arm and stand in front of him before he reaches Downey, who is close to the door.

"Malcolm, please, stay calm" I beg even though I know it's very difficult to do that.

That's when he looks in my eyes. His beautiful eyes are now full of anger. I've never seen him this angry before.

"Are you serious?" he chuckles.

"That's why you didn't tell me about him, because it's him" he says pointing at Downey.

"I knew it would make things worse" I say calmly.

"Just worse? He's married! You were sleeping with a married man!" he hisses.

"Hey, keep your voice down, will you?" Downey interrupts us from his spot.

"Don't tell me what to do" Malcolm reacts madly and proceeds to reach him but I hold him back.

"Please, Malcolm, don't shout" I rest my hand on his chest in an attempt to relax him.

"This is why you want to send me to D.C, isn't it? To have her all to yourself"

"I told you you can stay if you don't want to go" Downey sighs.

"What I want to do is punch you" he says aggressively.

"Go ahead" Downey replies like he doesn't care.

Why can't he just stay quiet?

"Hey, no punching" I step up.

"You've been playing me for months" he shakes his head.
"All I've done is care for you and try for us to work and you've been f*cking him behind my back all this time" he continues.

"I didn't sleep with him behind your back, I swear me and him are over" I explain.

"Then why is he leaving marks on your neck, Olivia?"

He has a point.

"And how do you explain all the time you're in his office? Don't lie to me"

"There was some tension, yes, but I never slept with him"

"But you wanted to, right? That's why you moaned his name" he clentches his jaw hard.

"That was a mistake, just forget it" I say with a very apologetic tone.

"You moaned my name during sex with him?" Downey asks with a chuckle and uses a very proud tone.

That's the second that Malcolm loses his mind. He easily slips away from me and grabs Downey from his collar aggressively. I try to pull him back from his shoulders but it's pointless. My strength and body compared to his is like a joke. Downey moves his hands to Malcolm's collar as well and they look at each other with hate.

They start pushing each other, trying to overcome one another. By looking at them you'd think Malcolm could easily put Downey down since he's taller and more muscled but Downey is also strong and he's giving a good resistance. I'm still trying to pull them off each other but they're so deep into their fight that they don't hear me begging them to stop, nor seeing that I'm struggling to keep them apart.

"You think this is funny?" Malcolm asks Downey because he seems amused.

"A little bit, yes. I'm picturing your face when she moaned my name" Downey replies smirking.

Does he have a death wish or something?

"I'll f*cking kill you" Malcolm says back and uses even more of his strength pushing Downey backwards.

They take a few steps back and then Malcolm knocks him against my library. I let out a terrified sound and rush over there to make sure he's okay. A few things were even knocked down from the conflict. They end up with Malcolm's one hand gripping Downey's shirt and his other hand in the air forming a fist, ready to punch him, while Downey's in defence mode trying to stop him.

I stretch my arms and hold Malcolm's fist back, trying to avoid the punching from happening. I feel him breathing heavily against me and Downey's doing the same.

"This isn't you, Malcolm. You don't hit people" I say to him in another attempt to convince him.

He takes a few deep breaths and eventually lets Downey free. He shuts his eyes and rubs his face with his palms to calm down. Downey shakes himself to recover and breathes equally deeply on his side.

"You're right" he says finally.

"He doesn't have to come between us, let's just keep this to ourselves and go on with our lives" I say quietly and rest my palm on his shoulder.

"There's no us, Olivia" he sternly replies and removes my hand from his body.

"I understand you're mad but please think clearly. I swear I didn't cheat on you" my voice shaking.

"I believe you, but that doesn't change the fact that you're not the woman I thought you were. Getting in between a married couple? I don't even know what to say to you" his face shows his true emotions, he's disgusted, disappointed, angry, hurt.

I don't blame him, I know what I did was wrong. Although it hurts seeing Malcolm feel this way about me.

"I'm sorry" I feel myself getting teary.

"I'm not the one you should be saying that to, you should be saying that to his wife"

As soon as he mentions his wife I see Downey's head turning to look straight into Malcolm's eyes.

"I know, but please don't do anything reckless" I speak before Downey does.

I know he wanted to same the same thing, maybe in a not so polite way but the point would be the same.

"You're one to talk..." he sounds disappointed.

"And you" he continues, addressing to Downey.
"I'm taking the offer, you won"

"Malcolm, no. You're making this decision based on your anger" I'm trying to put some sense into him.

"No, I'm not. It's a good offer, the only reason I refused it was because of you. But now I have no reason. I don't want to see either one of you again" I can see he's hurt by his own words but I'm sure I'm more broken.

I feel a tear falling down my cheek and quickly wipe it. Malcolm shakes his head and leaves my office with a deep sigh, leaving me behind with Downey. A few more tears follow the first one and soon I find myself crying a lot.

Downey comes close to me and carefully wraps his strong arms around me. I rest my head against his shoulder and cry while he's stroking my back. He seeks the opportunity and places a soft slow kiss against my head as we're standing still.

"Is there anything I can do?" he asks in my ear quietly.

"No, I just need some time alone" I wipe my tears off my face and step back.

"I could talk to him, try explaining what a big mistake he's doing by leaving you" he scratches his head and crosses his arms against his chest.

"Don't talk to him, it won't help the situation at all" I reply quickly.

"Okay, I won't" he nods.

"Can I work from home tomorrow?" I ask knowing that I won't be able to handle the situation here.

"Of course" he agrees again.

"Can I have some time to myself now please?" I gulp to keep the tears away while he's still here.

"Just tell me if you need anything" he says sadly.

"Okay" is all I say and he takes a few seconds looking deeply at me before leaving slowly.

Strictly Inappropriate (RDJ FanFic) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें