Part 15 - Plans

I'm filling my cup with coffee for the second time today. I finally decided to take care of many small things in my to-do list and it's exhausting. Also, don't mention boring. When I go back to my office I notice Malcolm sitting on one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"I was sure you were getting another cup of coffee" he laughs.

"I'm in front of that laptop so many hours now that it's getting really hard keeping my eyes open" I complain and sit down.

"What a coincidence, I'm also having trouble staying focused on work lately" he immediately looks at the corner of the room.

"Why, what's bothering you?" I ask worried for him.

"There are a lot of things on my mind" he sighs.

"You can tell me anything" I say placing my hand over his.

"I actually want to talk to you about something" he says a little bit nervously.

"What is it?"

"It's not the right time, I was thinking maybe we could talk about it over dinner whenever you can" he suggests.

A knock on the open door catches both our attention. It's already open which means that the person knocking just wanted us to notice them.

"Am I interrupting something?" Downey asks standing right by the door.

Of course it had to be him. This might actually be the first time he comes to my office.

"No" I clear my throat and take my hand off Malcolm's.
"How can I help you, Mr. Downey?" I ask.

"I need to have a word with you in my office" he says sternly.

"Okay, I'll be right there" I nod and he leaves after taking a couple of seconds to look at us.

"Can we continue this after I see Downey?" I ask looking at Malcolm.

"Of course, do you want me to wait for you here?" he asks me kindly.

"No, I don't know how long this is going to take. I'll come by your office after I'm done" I say and he agrees.

We leave together and part our ways when we reach his office. I continue my way to Downey's office and see he's waiting for me while standing in front of his library. When I get in he shuts the door and then he comes behind me.

He pushes my hair to the side and presses his lips on the bare spot of my neck. His hands hold my sides tightly and he gently presses his hips against my ass. I know the window covers are closed and no one can see us but I still try to push him away with my body. The outcome is not what I expected since he was holding me so tight that it seemed like I pressed myself against him.

"I missed you" he whispers and I immediately roll my eyes.

"Cut the crap, Downey" I sigh and take a few steps away from him.

"What, you're not in the mood?" he chuckles.

"You're disgusting" I shake my head.

"Clearly not in the mood" he raises his eyebrows and shrugs.

"Is there any other reason than the fact that you're clearly horny that you called me here? I was in the middle of a conversation" I cross my arms and look at him.

"Of course there is a reason. I have a proposal for you"

"I'm listening" I reply focused on him.

"Come to my house tonight" he says seriously.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask laughing.

"Susan is going away for the weekend, it'll just be the two of us. We'll have some red wine in the living room and then we can continue from where we left off" he closed the gap between us again and after he said everything he kissed my neck again.

"We haven't said a word after the office party, which is a whole week by the way, and now you invite me to your house because your wife will be out of town?" I ask pushing him away.

"What did you expect, Olivia? You're having an affair with a married man. I can't go around holding your hand and sending you flowers" he sounds annoyed.

"I am not having an affair with you" I correct him.

"Whatever, we're screwing. It's the same" he shakes his head.

"As I said before, you're disgusting" I say and try walking away but he grabs me.

"Sorry, I was busy all week. Let me make it up to you" he whispers looking into my eyes.

"This is wrong, Downey" I shut my eyes in desperation.

"The damage has already been done. Why waste this opportunity? I also have an announcement for you"

"What announcement?"

"I'll tell you tonight" he says cockily and makes me sigh helplessly.

"I'm not promising anything" he smirks when he hears that.

"That's fine by me. Give me your number so I can send you my address"

"Why don't you just say it now?" I ask unamused.

"What if you forget it or get lost? We must have a way of communicating" he explains and once again I shake my head.

"I better not see any pictures of your penis on my phone" I say cruelly.

"Now you're putting ideas in my head" he chuckles and I give him my phone number.

"Is that all?" I exhale sharply.

"Yes, you're free to go back to Mr. Collins" his tone is now more sarcastic.

"Thank you" I reply and take another step towards the exit but he stops me again.

"What is it now?" I ask annoyed.

"You're leaving just like that?" he asks grinning.

"I'm trying"

"C'mon, give me something" he licks his bottom lip.

He comes close to my face and as we walk backwards my back hits the door. We take a good taste of each other's lips but I have to stop him before he does anything stupid. He wipes his lips and then I leave him behind grinning proudly.

I pretend like everything's normal and walk slowly towards Malcolm's office. I take some deep breaths before entering and then sit down in front of him. He was on his laptop but stopped when he saw me.

"Hey, how did it go?" he asks.

"Fine, it wasn't anything important. Now, you were saying something about dinner" I smile at him.

"Ah, yes" he clears his throat.
"I was thinking of cooking us dinner. Maybe tonight if you're free" he suggests

"It sounds great but unfortunately I can't tonight" I say and bite my lip.

"I understand, it's alright. We'll do it whenever you can. Only if you want to of course" he mumbles.

"Of course I want to. How about tomorrow?"

"Sure, tomorrow can work" we both smile.

"I have to get back to work, we'll talk more about this, okay?"

"Yes" he nods.
"Enjoy your plans tonight" he shouts kindly just when I get out of his office and I face-palm myself just thinking about it.

When I reach my office I take a few minutes to think about that. I should have agreed to dinner with Malcolm tonight. Downey is not my priority and he definitely means less to me than Malcolm. What he said about the announcement is the only reason I didn't say yes to Malcolm for tonight. I know it might only be an excuse or a cheap trick to get me to go over but he might also be saying the truth. Anyway, I've made plans for tomorrow with Malcolm and now it's not the time for changes. I wonder what both of them have to say to me.

A/N
Sorry for the late update, the last days have been busy.
Also sorry for the boring chapter but it had to be done for the plot!