Part 22 - Unexpected Guest

Things are going very well with Malcolm. We've been seeing each other like this for the last month and I actually enjoy it a lot. We're having fun together. It's just like how we were when we were just friends but with some nice romance. He's spent the night at my place a few times and I've spent the night at his a couple. We're still not having sex but the hot making outs are starting to get really hard to stop.

"I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" Malcolm asks and stands up from my couch.

We came here after work to hang out and since it's getting late he's leaving. We walk together to the door and before he leaves he pulls me into him and crushes his lips on mine. He pushes me against the door while rhythmically moving his lips with mine. His hands are traveling around my body and when they land on my hips he gives me a light squeeze.

I bring my hands to the back of his neck and pull him into me harder. He uses his toned body to push me harder against the door and shows me his passion. He then takes my hands in his and pins them above my head while grinding his growing bulge against me. After a few seconds we break the kiss to breathe and look into each others eyes panting. We start giggling when we realize how carried away we got. He clears his throat and fixes his tie nervously.

"Goodnight, then" he shows me his embarrassed cute smile.

"Goodnight" I smile back at him and he pecks my lips before leaving.

I did all the other things I wanted to do before falling asleep and after setting my alarm for tomorrow morning I laid down and closed my eyes. Soon after that I was deep asleep. Everything seemed peaceful until I literally jumped out of bed when my buzzer started screaming repeatedly. It's late, I'm obviously not expecting anyone and the buzzer doesn't seem to stop. It's probably waking up the whole building. My heart is beating like crazy, I'm terrified. Who's even looking for me right now?

I go over to the camera and see it's a man. He's not looking at the camera so I can't see his face but I'm pretty sure I know who he is. He presses the button again and the noise coming from the buzzer annoys every single nerve in my body. He mumbles something and then looks at the camera and now I'm sure it's him.

Goddamn Downey.

"What the f*ck are you doing?" I finally ask, obviously pissed at him.

"Can I come up?" he sounds weird.

"No" I shake my head even though he can't see me.

"C'mon, please let me in" his voice is like a whimper.

He doesn't look like he's in his best shape at all. His eyes seem tired, his clothes messy and he seems like he can barely keep himself together. I sigh and buzz him in. A minute later he's at my door with an almost empty bottle in his hand. I hold the door open for him and once he's inside I close it carefully.

"You can't just show up here like this, I could've had company. How would we explain this?" I reasonably ask.

"You're alone, don't start with that" he shuts his eyes in desperation.

"What's going on, Downey?" I ask calmly.

Yes, I'm angry at him but he seems really awful. Now that he's in front of me I can clearly see his red eyes.

"I had a fight with Susan" he gulps and then raises the bottle to drink a big sip.

"Easy with that" I say and grab it from him.

He tries to keep it but this time I'm stronger than him. He doesn't have the courage to overpower me right now. He sighs deeply and gives up on trying to get it back. I leave it on a counter in the kitchen and go back to Downey. I left him in the living room to sit down.

"Here" I give him a glass of water.

"I don't want this, just give me back my bottle" he whines.

"Listen, I'm trying to be sympathetic here. You show up at my house at 3 in the morning for no reason, drunk and without apologizing. So stop being rude and drink the damn water" I say and he sighs.

He takes the glass of water from my hand and drinks it. After he's done he places it on the table in front of him and I sit down as well.

"So what happened? Did she find out you're cheating on her?" I ask.

"No. Can we not talk about it?" he looks away.

"If you're not here to talk about it then why are you here?" I question confused.

"I didn't have where else to go" he says desperately.

"Of course you did, you have friends"

"They wouldn't leave me alone with their questions. As I already said, I'm really not in the mood to talk about it" he looks down.

"I'm sorry, Downey, but I don't know what else to do to help you"

"Can I sleep here?" he asks quietly.

"What? No" I sternly refuse.

"Please, Liv, I'm practically homeless" he begs me looking straight into my eyes.

"That's what hotels are for" I reply ignoring the fact that he just called me Liv.

"I don't have my wallet. All I have on me are my home and car keys. Susan doesn't want me there which means I don't have anywhere else to go" he explains.

"I'll give you money to stay in a hotel near by" I sigh and stand up.

"I don't want your money" he says loudly.

"You can't stay here, it's too complicated" I throw my hands in the air.

"Fine, sorry for bothering you" he says annoyingly and stands up.

He rushes to the kitchen, takes the bottle in his hands and tries to open the door. It's locked and he can't open it which makes him angry. He groans loudly and kicks it a couple of times.

"Hey, calm down. It's late, you're making too much noise" I grab him from his back away from the door.

He's breathing fast but I hold him still and soon he calms down. I slowly take the bottle out of his hand put it away. He turns around and without saying anything he stays still in front me. He just looks at me and breathes rhythmically.

"You can sleep on the couch" I say.

"Thank you" he whispers and nods.

I take a step away from him and exhale the tension away. I go to my bedroom to get him some sheets and a pillow and prepare the couch for him to sleep.

"I only have a few hours of sleep. Please stay here and quiet" I say and he nods.

He lies on the couch and exhales deeply. He shuts his eyes and seems like he fell asleep immediately. I take a couple of steps back to turn off the light and look at him for a few seconds. He mumbles something and I stay quiet to hear what that is.

"Susan" he whispers.

I sigh and turn off the lights.

"I love you" I hear him again.

I actually feel sad for him. He's a mess right now. I go over to the couch and cover him with the sheets. I shouldn't feel like this about him, I shouldn't feel sympathetic or bad. He's an as*hole and once again he's using me.

A/N
Here's another update! Your thoughts on this?🤔