❀ chapter one ❀

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

"Hey, you okay?"

I snap out of my daydream and stare wide-eyed at my childhood friend, Archie Andrews. Then I remember where I am.

"Yeah Arch, I'm fine", I say with a light laugh, "Just hungry". 

I turn to look out the car window. It has been three days since I last saw Jughead Jones and I hate to say it, but I miss him. What if something bad happened to him after he knocked me out? What if he got arrested? Or even worse, shot? WHAT IF HE'S DEAD?

It doesn't take much longer before Archie finally pulls up at Pop's Chock'Lit Shoppe, the best diner here in Riverdale. Problem is, last time I came here with Archie, I bumped into a certain green-eyed devil who I fell in love with.... STOP IT BETTY!, I inwardly curse at myself and focus on Archie leading me into the diner. He lets me sit in our favorite booth before going to the front to order our usual meals. 

With Archie gone again, I can finally reminisce on what used to be... the gangster who was nicer than he appeared, MY gangster, he called himself. A ping from my phone stuns me from my reverie. Could it be him? 

Disappointment floods through me as I see it is only Joaquin who messaged.

💬

J - Betty! Where are you?!

    B -  I'm at Pops, what's up?

J - Jughead's packing up and leaving town! You have to stop him!

B -  Where do I meet you?

J - The Whyte Wyrm!

                                                                                                               B -  On my way!

💬

Jughead's back? And he's leaving again? I thought something happened to him!, I think to myself as I grab my coat and head for the exit. A strong, firm and grabs my wrist and pulls me back as I'm about to reach the exit.

"Where do you think you're going?", Archie demanded. Archie! I forgot I came here with him.

"F-family Emergency", I stuttered.

"Come on Betty, I can see right through you! What's going on?"

"I can't tell you!". I had sworn to secrecy to never tell anyone aside from Veronica about Jughead.

"Why not?!". He seemed to be getting more frustrated by the minute.

There was only one option I could turn to.

"Do you trust me?", I asked.

"O-of course I do Betty, it's just tha-"

"Then let me go". He seemed taken aback from my bold statement as I wriggled my hand out of his firm grasp, opened the door, and ran straight for the Whyte Wyrm.

It had started raining when I was halfway to the Whyte Wyrm, so by the time I arrived, I was drenched. I didn't care. As long as I got to see him in the end. I pushed open the doors, almost slipping on the hard wood floor on my way in. The first thing I noticed was how eerily silent it was. 

I looked up after regaining my balance and saw every single one of the serpents. But they weren't their usual happy selves, playing pool and drinking tequila shots. No. This could not be happening. As I scanned the bar for any signs of him, I caught sight of Joaquin and Toni sitting on bar stools, heads hanging in dismay.

"No", I whispered.

Joaquin looked directly at me and mouthed the words, "I'm sorry".

The last thing I remember was the world tilting sideways as Joaquin rushed over to my rescue. He looked like he was running on the roof.

Then nothing.

A/N

Oops.
It just had to happen guys 😔
If you don't understand what just happened, that's why you listen to my notes at the end (like this one) and READ THE FIRST BOOK! THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL REPEAT THIS! 
The first story "BAD BOY JONES" is now available at riverdalefics <<< If you DO NOT READ THIS FIRST, you will not understand anything that happens in the book (especially this chapter).
You have been warned!
Props to mattiazbebito for telling me to post 2 chapters today 😑 
If you like Tik Tok, you'll definitely wanna read her story coming up soon!!
See you in Chapter 2 of "Till We Meet Again"!