❀ chapter four ❀

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

"Boss, she's here".

"Bring her in", I tell Joaquin as I read through the publishing papers. Damn, these are boring. 

I hear the door open and then a small gasp. From what Joaquin told me about her, I'm sure this is the most expensive-looking room she's seen in her life. I allow myself a small smirk, letting her think that I don't know she's there. "You can take a seat if you'd like", I say after a few moments of awkwardness.

She inhales sharply and I secretly wonder to myself why she did. But the next thing I hear makes me freeze where I sit. "J-jug?". 

You've got to be kidding me, I think to myself. There's no way in hell it could be her. But that voice was unmistakably hers, I was 100% sure of it.

I turn slowly in my seat to face her. Wow. She's drop-dead gorgeous. She wears a simple, black dress, but I can clearly see every curve of her body. I memorize every little detail before my eyes meet hers, bright and cautious.

She looks down at the floor by my feet and giggles quietly. God, I missed that sound. Then I look down and see all the publishing papers scattered across the floor. "Shit", I mutter as I jump off my seat to pick them up. Then she's next to me, helping to grab the papers. I can't deny the energy I can feel between us both, and I think she feels it too because she tenses a bit before smiling up at me. 

I stand up and offer her my hand, which she takes. "It's nice to see you again, Juliet", I say before kissing her hand. She blushes a deep shade of red. At least I still have an effect on her, I think. 

We're so close to each other, close enough for me to lean in and kiss her.

Flashback 

"This was..... unexpected", she says, and there's a hint of a smile on those luscious lips.

I wanna kiss her so bad.

So I will.

And I leap forward and take her face into my hands, crashing my lips to hers.

Flashback Ends

"Back at stage one", I say, smirking. She moves closer,  smiling timidly. Just like that day I took her to the Wyrm, the urge to kiss her is just as strong as it was that day.

But I'm not the gangster anymore. No, I think to myself as I stand there, my hands on her waist. She must see the struggle in my eyes, because she is the one who closes the gap between us.

The kiss is slow and hesitant, both of us wary of the others actions. She seems at ease, as if she's had years of practice. Maybe she has, the voice in my head sneers. That thought stays in the back of my mind as we continue making out. Surprisingly, she is the one who pulls away first.

Maybe she regrets it, I think to myself. But then a slow smile spreads across her face, lighting the room up. I give her the most dazzling smile I can manage. 

"I really should get to work now", she says... embarrassed? Wow, okay. 

"Y-yeah, I guess you should", I reply, taking my hands off her waist and watching as she walks out my office door.

My heart aches for her. Maybe I should call her back. Since she left, it's as if a spell has been broken and I suddenly remember how unexpected seeing her was. My blood boils under my skin.

"JOAQUIN!!!"

💫

Welcome back, Betty 😏
ANYBODY SEE THE PHOTO AT THE BEGINNING?!?!?!?! That's a lil sneak peek of the next episode coming out next Thursday :)) I might not watch it tho cs I'm hearing rumors of Betty and Archie kissing in that episode. BIG. FAT. NO. 👿
The flashback part was a scene from riverdalefics "BAD BOY JONES" - you better read it if you haven't already 😑
Joaquin do be in trouble tho 😳
Remember to vote, comment, and share w friends!

💫