❀ chapter eighteen ❀

Pre a/n:
Let me take a minute to just be sad... we lost a good YouTuber today 🥺 Rest in love Corey La Barrie, you were such a funny person to watch on YouTube whenever I was sad or bored and I'll never forget 🥺 Now READ MY BOOK :)

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

"Boss, we got it!"

I turn around and pace quickly to the back of the Wyrm with a beer in my hand. 

As I reach the back room, I slam the door shut as hard as I can to let people know that they can't come in here.

Sweet Pea and Joaquin turn around at the sound of my arrival.

The first thing I notice is the large bags under Sweet Pea's eyes; I can't help but feel a bit guilty for keeping him up all night, but this is important.

I can't lose Betty, not now, not ever.

"You did it? You found her?" I ask eagerly.

Joaquin nods and grins widely.

I speed-walk up to the large screen in front of Sweet Pea and trace the small red dot.

"We're coming, baby," I whisper to myself.

Finally, is all I can think as I turn around and walk out of the room.

I stand on the stage and tap the microphone to get everyone's attention.

"Alright listen up!" I yell. 

The bar goes silent almost immediately, people turning in barstools and others trying to find a spot to stand.

"We have found Betty!" A cheer spreads across the room like wildfire. I smile at them; something that I rarely do while I'm in this bar. Happiness is interpreted as weakness in many cases.

"Grab your weapons and get to the air base as soon as possible; give other people rides if they don't have their bike."

"Lets ride!" I yell and people raise their fists in the air triumphantly.

We're coming for you, Betts, I think in my mind, hoping that in some alternate dimension she is able to hear me.

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

"Can you stop pacing?"

Charles bites his fingernails - well, what was left of it.

"How am I supposed to kill you when you have a BABY?!" He yells hysterically.

I roll my eyes. Men and their drama.

"It's nice to know you wouldn't mind killing me if I wasn't pregnant," I say sarcastically.

His head snaps up as his gaze meets mine, and I instantly feel guilty for the stab I just took at him.

It's not my decision to make, his eyes seem to plead with me.

Not my fault you decided to chase after your father, I think to myself as I break away from his steady gaze.

The door flies open and a teenage boy with blonde hair steps in.

"They're coming," He says simply before rushing out.

It's not hard to guess who's coming.

"Jughead?" I ask hesitantly, just to be sure.