❀ chapter two ❀

TIME JUMP - 5 Years Later

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

"I'll see you soon!".

"Bye!" I wave to my teary-eyed parents for the last time before boarding my plane to New York. The stewardess welcomes me warmly before ushering me into a very expensive looking lounge. So this is what first-class looks like, I think to myself as she takes me to my seat. She demonstrates how to turn my chair into a bed and passes me a menu for all the meals that I can order here.

I'm not completely sure why Joaquin convinced his boss to get me a first-class ticket since the flight is only 3 hours long, but he claims that his boss is rich. I gulp, looking at my acceptance email. Looking at the salary made my parents tear up. $500,000 a year MINIMUM is a lot to take in. Will I even work hard enough to earn that kind of money?, I wonder. I am so glad I kept in touch with Joaquin over the years, he told me he owes me for hooking him up with Kevin that day in the woods.

"This plane will be taking off in T-minus 15 minutes" the air hostess announces. Enough time to check my phone, I think to myself. Pulling out my phone, I only see one unopened message.

💬

? - Hello Betty, wishing you safe travels!

B - Thanks! Can I still call you in New York?

? - Call me whenever you want 😉

B - I have work! 😉 I'll find time for you, I always do 😉

? - Talk later! 💜

💬

Smiling to myself, I shut off my phone and fall asleep to the quiet, rhythmic  hum of the planes engine.

🐍 Joaquin DeSantos 🐍

"When does she get here?".

I sigh inwardly. He sounds like such a loner, I think to myself. "She gets here tonight at 11pm, and starts at 8am tomorrow".

"I hope you chose someone worth my time and money, Joaquin", He replies gruffly.

Oh she is, I think slyly as I walk out of his office and into my room.

"Hey babe", Kevin smiles as I enter the room.

"Betty's plane arrives here tonight", I say as I jump, landing on the bed.

"Yesssss! You think your boss will get mad?"

"Nah", I replied confidently,

"If anything, he should be kissing my feet after he sees THE Betty Cooper".

💫

Looks like Betty is finally moving on with her life! Or is she? 😏
Also, #Joavin lovers wya ?
Anybody wondering who the mysterious person Betty was messaging is? Me too man, me too 😔 All will be revealed if you STAY TUNED and KEEP READING!!
Trust me guys, this book is about to get JUICY :)
Props to mattiazbebito for making me post 2 chapters in a day 😒
Any suggestions on making the book better? Comment down below !!
Remember to share, comment and vote down below!!! 
Sorry this chapter is short 🥺 I'll try my best to make them longer but no promises!!!

💫