❀ chapter thirteen ❀

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

Disgusting.

We sit in silence throughout the entire helicopter ride, the whirring of the rotor blades the only audible sound apart from my heart pounding inside my chest.

Jughead spent a good 3 minutes cursing at the cooks, claiming the steak wasn't cooked properly and gave me food poisoning. He sits directly opposite me, staring out the window.

This is about as bad as it gets, I think to myself as the helicopter lands back on the roof.

I hop out, ruffle my hair, and move towards the door when a hand grabs my wrist and spins me around.

I roll my eyes at Jughead's attempt to make me feel better. He smiles at me, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"What?" I snap, exasperated. He holds me at arms length and stares at me, his eyes traveling down my body and back up to meet mine. I blush.

"You're cute when you're mad" He says. I groan loudly.

"Not the kind of effect it was meant to have, Juggie" I say, frustrated.

He laughs and pulls me in for a kiss, but I'm not having it. I duck under his arm and skip towards the door.

"I need to rinse my mouth out first!" I yell in a sing-song voice.

I can hear footsteps and slurred voices when I step inside.

You should probably check on Kevin and Joaquin first, I think to myself as I walk downstairs.

I am greeted with the sickly sweet aroma of red wine and sigh deeply.

As I step into the kitchen, I see a huge mess. Chocolate wrappers and chip packets are littered across the bench and dining table, while the remnants of a wine glass are scattered across the floor.

Men, I groan inwardly as I grab the broom and start sweeping up the glass.

I hear a thud in the hallway and look up to see a tipsy Joaquin stumble through the doorway, red wine staining his shirt.

"Beeettttyyyy", he slurs, "When did you guys get back?".

Who even bought the wine?  I ask myself as I ignore him and continue sweeping.

Then Kevin comes in, almost slipping on a chip packet in the doorway.

"Heeyyyy babe" He greets Joaquin drunkenly as he grabs his arm to stop himself from falling. Kevin straightens up and squeezes Joaquin's forearm.

"Damn babe, you been working out?" He asks Joaquin, who giggles.

Where is Jughead? is all I can think.

"Only for you" Joaquin says darkly as he moves forward, pressing his lips to Kevin's. They start to take off each others shirts and I groan inwardly.

"Come on guys, take it to your room" I groan. 

"Come on, Betty", Joaquin says, breaking away from Kevin, "You and Jones could barely restrain yourselves when he brought you to the Wyrm that first time". 

How much does this guy know? I wonder to myself, curious.

"How do you know that?" I ask him. He scoffs.
"Oh, Jones tells me EVERYTHING" He recalls, moving to sit on a stool and taking a big swig of wine. Straight from the bottle.
"Oh yeah? Like what?" I ask jokingly. He laughs darkly.
"Like how you were another one of his playthings", he says with a laugh, "but damn Cooper you have him around your finger now, don't ya?".