❀ chapter five ❀

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

I messed it all up.

Why did you kiss him?! I mentally scream at myself. Jeez, I'm supposed to be mad at him. He left! You should've given him the cold shoulder! Somehow, I can't bring myself to regret the kiss. Feeling his soft lips on mine was all I needed.... STOP!

I'm sure he didn't want to kiss me. I bet he was just trying to make you feel better, a voice in my head sneers. I'm probably going to lose my job for sure. Then I bump into Joaquin. 

"JOAQUIN!?", I whisper-yell, "Why didn't you tell me that Jughead is my BOSS?". He just smiles at me. I respond by rolling my eyes.

"Come on Betty, don't act like you didn't want to see him", he states matter-of-factly. He then notices the slight flush on my cheeks.

"Playtime with Jones, eh?", he chuckles. As if on cue, I blush even more.

"Don't worry, I'm just heading over to his office", he says, "You can go home if you want".

I gasp. "R-really?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Sure, why not", he says. I squeal and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!!!", I squeal and run towards the elevator.

"Wait!", he yells. I turn around. "You should join me and Kevin for dinner at our place tonight at 7" he asks.

"Sure thing!", I yell, "Text me the address!" I say before pressing the elevator button.

Now that I'm inside the elevator,  I pull out my phone, bored. I scroll through my contacts until I find who I want to talk to right now.

💬

B - Hey, can you get on the next flight to New York? I need to talk to you 🥺

? - Sure thing, Betty! 💚

💬

Thank goodness, he's coming to New York.

🐍 Joaquin DeSantos 🐍

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

I sit in Jugheads office while he paces back and forth, frantically pulling at his hair. Gosh, he's REALLY frustrated.

"You said you needed an assistant and she needed a job", I shrug.

After a few seconds, he recollects himself and settles back down into his soft, lush couch. Rich bitch, I laugh inwardly and roll my eyes.

"D-did you tell her the real reason why I left Riverdale?", he asks, nonchalant, but I knew him better than that. 

"No", I reply simply, "but she told me what happened that day, and it looks like YOU don't have your side of the story straight". His eyes narrow infinitesimally.

"I saw them, Joaquin", he grits his teeth together, "I'm not blind".

"Do you even know why that boy was?". He looks a bit lost.

"N-no..."

"Exactly", I say with a satisfied smirk.

"Shut up", he snaps, but I know he just said it because he lost.

"Where is Betty?" he asks.

"I let her go home, she was a bit stressed after your little makeout sesh" I smirk, but there is some hidden emotion on his face that I can't decipher. 

I check the time. Shoot, I'm gonna be late.

"I have a meeting to go to now", I say as I stand up and make my way to the door. "One more thing, Boss", I inform. He looks up at me.

"Miss Cooper is joining us for dinner tonight".

💫

Don't hate on me kids, I just wanted to write a filler chapter :)
We are officially 5 chapters into the story! I'm already tired and I have blisters on my hands from writing drafts on paper 😔
The song at the beginning is the song I listened to while writing this chapter - skip to 1:35 for the song to actually start though 😉
Looks like Mr Mystery Man is back and coming to New York 👀
Any ideas on who that could be?
Contemplating on posting Chapter Six tonight so stay tuned!

💫