❀ chapter nineteen ❀

pre a/n -
that's my profile photo in case you didn't recognise it ^

i feel like this is such an underrated photo, i find it so cute so this photo might be permanent :))

also this part mentions bombs, keep in mind that i have no idea what kind of bomb i'm talking about because I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE! soooo yeah, i mean teach me if you're an expert though :)

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

I stare out the window, watching as the world slowly enlarges once again before my eyes as the plane begins its descent towards the ground.

I touch the window lightly.

"We're coming for you, Betts," I whisper.

My thoughts are interrupted by a loud popping noise. I turn my head quickly to see Sweet Pea in his seat with a freshly opened bottle of wine.

I don't have the heart to tell him that there's a chance we won't even make it to the door before we get blown up.

No point in disheartening him when we could all die here.

The moment the plane's wheels meet the tarmac I take my seat belt off and rush towards Cheryl and Toni, who are deep in conversation.

I watch as Toni grabs her hand and smiles before pulling her in for a kiss.

Flashback 

"You look.... wow" I say. She giggles at my loss for words. That sound, I sigh inwardly.

"Thank you, Juggie" She says to me as she pecks me quickly on the cheek. I pout mockingly at her.

"You missed" I say to her, pointing at my lips. She rolls her eyes and presses her lips to mine, her hands clutching my face. I deepen the kiss, pulling her in by her waist.

Present Day 

I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

Till we meet again, Betts.

"Cheryl," I call out to grab her attention. Her eyes flicker up to meet mine and I nod.

She breathes out a sigh and looks at Toni, grasping her hand tightly.

"I love you," Cheryl says, tears making her eyes glossy.

"I love you, too," Toni says. 

They hold each other for a few moments as a hushed silence fills the atmosphere. I am aware of everyone's prying eyes as we all take in what could be Cheryl's last moments if this goes sideways.

As Cheryl and I exit the plane, I place my hand on her shoulder gently.

"Cheryl... are you sure you want to go through with this?" I ask hesitantly.

She nods briskly.

"That girl in that building is my blood; she's as much my family as she is yours," Cheryl states, pointing towards the large building in front of us.

I give her one last look before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you for doing this," I whisper.

She pats my back encouragingly as she removes herself from my embrace and jogs toward the air hangar, her fiery red hair dancing with the wind.

Please be okay, I think to myself as I head back towards the safety of the plane.