❀ chapter seven ❀

🐍 Joaquin DeSantos 🐍

I wonder what Betty and Jughead are up to.

"They'll be fine, babe" Kevin attempts to reassure me.

"I'm gonna go check on them" I say. In case they're ripping each others heads off instead of talking, I think to myself.

I creep down the hallway, interested when I hear laughter coming from the living room. I take a little peek around the door frame and see Betty being tickled by Jughead.

She's screaming in delight and Jughead looks happier than he's ever been in five years. 

I creep back into the kitchen where Kevin is waiting expectantly.

"I told you, didn't I?" Kevin says proudly.

"Yeah, whatever"

"Now get over here".

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

He's still the same person, thank heavens.

After he finishes tickling me for what seemed like forever, we are back to square one. The awkward silence between us is deafening, a slight ringing in my ears is all I can hear besides my own breathing.

"Jug?" I ask.

"Mhmm?"

"What are we?". He looks up to meet my gaze and I find myself lost in his green eyes.

"Well", he clears his throat, "I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?".

My heart stops. I stare at him dumbfound, not really sure of what I should say. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY?!, my subconscious screams at me. THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME! I MEAN, LOOK AT HIM! 

I realize that I've been quiet for longer than I should've and decide to make a move. 

⚠️ DESCRIPTIVE KISSING SCENE⚠️

I stand up and move to sit on his lap, crashing my lips to his instantly. He stiffens for a bit, surprised, but starts responding to me almost instantly. 

His lips move in perfect harmony with mine as I take the buttons off his shirt one at a time, revealing her perfectly toned abs. I sigh heavily. Why does he have to look this good? I think to myself.

I grab fistfuls of his hair and he moans into my mouth. I guess he likes that type of thing. 

The next thing he does makes me hesitate a little bit. His hands start traveling up my thighs, rucking up my dress, as his hands wander into new territory.

Do I really want to do this now?

⚠️ KISSING SCENE OVER ⚠️

I break away from him, trying desperately to get some air into my lungs as he does the same. He looks into my eyes, and I see a trace of something I've never seen before, something that ignites a fire deep in the pits of my stomach.

Hunger.

"I-is that a yes?" he asks, still trying to catch his breath. I smile widely at him.

"Yes" I say before kissing him once more. This kiss is sweeter, slower. Passionate.

I break away again, and he pouts. "I'm gonna go clean up" I say with a laugh.

I kiss him on the cheek and skip towards the bathroom.

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

Woah.

Betty Cooper is FINALLY my girlfriend. I internally high-five myself and then realize how stupid it is to high-five yourself.

What is she doing to me? I think.

I never would have thought that our conversation would go in that direction. Honestly, I thought we were going to be screaming at each other for the entire night.

As I button my shirt back up and adjust my tie, I hear an unfamiliar ping. 

On the coffee table sits Betty's phone. I try not to look, but curiosity gets the better of me.

1 New Message from - Charles 

Who's Charles?
Guiltily, I open her phone and click on her messages. I start scrolling before something catches my eye.

💬

B - Hey, can you get on the next flight to New York? I need to talk to you 🥺

C - Sure thing, Betty! 💚

💬

Why can't they just talk over the phone? I think to myself. Then the most recent message catches my eye.

💬

C - Hey Betty! I just landed! See you soon, love you 😙

💬

I try to contain the storm that is slowly brewing in my head. Is that why she seemed so experienced when she kissed me?  I think. Has she been dating someone else this whole time?

I shake my head. 

Then Betty walks in, a smile on her face, which falls instantly when she sees whatever expression is on my face.

"Betty, who is Charles?".

💫

This chapter is dedicated to mattiazbebito , who is going through a lot right now ⭐ Stay strong and stay safe, ily 309983milli <33
Also, at least we know the NAME of the mystery man Betty has been talking to :))
That kiss was a bit steamy, I must admit 🥵 Don't lie, you read the wholeeeee thing, gotta keep some holy water handy these days 🤨
Let's hope Betty doesn't get mad at Jughead going through her phone, after all, they JUST STARTED DATING 😣
The videooo ^^^ I'm in love w the first scene and the song in general :D
STATS - 59 views, 5 votes, #59 of 4.4k books in #shooting.
Not bad guys, we moved up 3 places since last night 👀
Might just leave you guys on a cliffhanger for a day or two 😙

💫