❀ chapter six ❀

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

Damn it, it's 6:50.

My nerves are starting to take over as I straighten my tie with shaky hands. What if she doesn't like what you're wearing? I sigh deeply. I curse Joaquin for his influence. He offered to take care of the rest of the publishing if I dressed up for tonight's dinner. I don't know why I agreed, it's MY house.

Joaquin walks in and smirks at the sight of my hands shaking.

"Nervous, Jones?"

"Shut it, Joaquin". He just rolls his eyes and laughs. Then it's Kevin's turn to walk in and examine me.

"Awwww, you got all dressed up for her!" Kevin screams. I cover my ears. Ouch

"Your boyfriend basically FORCED me to", I say, but it just makes them roll their eyes.

"You would've dressed up either way", Joaquin says, "Come on babe, lets set up the food". Joaquin and Kevin exit my room, but I can still hear their laughter from downstairs.

A few minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring.

Shit, she's here.

💗 Betty Cooper 💗

I wish Veronica was here with me.

I stare wide-eyed at Kevin and Joaquin's house. Of course they're rich, I think to myself as I walk up the long marble staircase and ring the doorbell. 

I check myself one last time. I'm not sure why they asked me to wear a dress to their house if it's only the two of them. Maybe they like dress-up? 

The door flies open, and there stands my trusty friend, Kevin. 

"Kev!!!" I scream.

"B!!!" He yells, equally as enthusiastic.

He pulls me into a warm embrace, squeezing me so tightly I can barely breathe. When he releases me, I get a good look at what him and Joaquin are wearing. 

"Aw, don't you two look cute together!" I gush, making them blush.

"It's a very nice house you have here, guys" I compliment, looking around the vast entry foyer. Kevin gives Joaquin a strange look and Joaquin clears his throat, uncomfortable.

"Well, you see Betty... it's not our house". He gives me a it's-obvious look, and I stare at him until the last puzzle piece slides into place.

"Oh" is all I can say to him.

As if on cue, Jughead saunters down the magnificent gold-railed staircase, looking glorious as ever. I go weak in the knees as I watch him. Get a grip, Betty! I scream at myself as I regain my posture. 

He's fiddling with his cuffs, unaware of us standing by the doorway watching him. All the more reason to keep staring, my subconscious drawls.

Kevin clears his throat loudly, making Jughead look up.

He smirks. Oh Lord, I think I'm gonna faint.

"Hey there, Juliet".

👑 Jughead Jones 👑

She looks absolutely stunning.

I try hard to focus on the food in front of me, but I can't help but glance up at her. If you told me this morning that Betty Cooper would be eating dinner with me at my dinner table, I would've laughed and flipped you off.

After all these years. It takes me a while to remember she isn't a figment of my imagination as I study what she's wearing. 

this is what she's wearing btw ^^

She wears a navy blue dress with the sleeves draped off her exposed shoulders. It fits to the slight curve of her hips and flows freely before it hits the floor under the table. Beautiful.

I chew my lip, and then Betty looks up at me.

She looks a bit confused when Kevin leans over and whispers something in her ear. She nods. I wish I knew what Kevin just said to her.

"Betty?" I ask. Everyone looks up at me and Joaquin smirks while raising his eyebrows. I gulp.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?", I say as Joaquin gives me a pointed look, "Please?".

She sighs and gets up off the table, walking ahead of me into the living room.

She sits on the white velvet sofa I recently bought from France. I sit a few centimeters away from her, but I can still feel the energy pulsing between us as it did this morning.

She sighs. "What do you want, Jughead?". She says it blankly, but I can hear another emotion in her voice. Hurt.

"I want to know why you were cheating on me the day I left" I say in one breath. She looks up, stunned.

"Cheating?", she says, "When, where and who?". She sounds surprised, almost angry.

"I left because I saw you come out of your house with that redhead", I recount, cringing at the mention of the 'redhead', "and then I saw you hugging him in the car".

She scoffs, clearly pissed off now.

"So you see me hugging a boy and you suddenly think I'm cheating on you?!" She exclaims. Definitely pissed off, Jughead.

"Redhead?!", she continues ranting.

"Well that 'redhead' is Archie Andrews, for the record", she says. I stare at her blankly, not comprehending. Who's Archie? I think to myself.

"Veronica's BOYFRIEND, Archie Andrews", she says slowly.

Oh, shit.

💫

WHAT IS UP GUYSSSSS!
Yall are so lucky I love mattiazbebito so much, which is why you have been awarded 3 CHAPTERS in a day 😔
That dress Betty be wearing doe 😳
We can all see where Jughead is coming from now, right? I mean, we've all been jealous at one point in our lives, sometimes to the point where we can't see straight and desperately wanna punch a wall 👀
Now that I'm looking at it, this is a pretty long chapter (996 words in total!)
p.s IM IN LOVE W THE EDITTT IN THE BEGINNING!
THANK YOU FOR 43 READS!!! Obviously it doesn't look like a lot to people, but I started this book 2 days ago so it means everything to me 🙌
ALSO, we have reached #62 out of over 4 THOUSAND Wattpad books in the category #shooting ! (There hasn't been any shooting scenes yet but I'll take it!)
VOTE AND COMMENT DOWN BELOW, and share w your friends so they can be my friends too :)

💫