Chapter 66-70

Chapter 66: Alliance of the Six States

Almost all of the player factions were gathering money in anticipation for this auction, and of course, Zhao Fu was interested as well. He had a massive amount of money but had nowhere to spend it, and there were many things that he wanted to buy. However, Zhao Fu was not interested in anything sold in shops, so he would definitely participate in this auction. As such, he also started to make preparations.

The day passed quite quickly, and soon, Zhao Fu brought Bai Qi and went to a massive building. This was the Auction House of the Red Flower Merchant Alliance.

The Red Flower Merchant Alliance was undoubtedly the largest Merchant Alliance in the Forest of Horrors, and it had countless assets in the three main cities. In fact, its reach spread to even beyond the Forest of Horrors, and its background was quite profound. Even Qin Nan warned Zhao Fu not to offend it.

The outside of the Auction House was crowded with people, and after hearing the 8 guards say that the entrance fee was 1 gold coin, countless players felt an ache in their hearts. 1 gold coin was equivalent to 10,000 copper coins, which was equivalent to $100,000 in the real world. This caused many of the ordinary players to dispel any thoughts of going in and even taking a look.

The Auction House was big enough to accommodate thousands of people, so it had already earned thousands of gold coins just by holding this auction.

Zhao Fu brought along Bai Qi and paid 2 gold coins before walking in, attracting the admiration of many people in the crowd. The Auction House was about 1,500 square meters in area. Apart from the main hall on the first floor, there were private rooms on the second floor, VIP rooms on the third floor, and Sovereign rooms on the fourth floor.

There were 24 white, glowing gemstones embedded into the ceiling so that it was not dark at all inside the Auction House; instead, it seemed as bright as day.

The first, second, and third floors were open to everyone, but the fourth floor was only available to the truly powerful and influential figures, so most players didn't even think about going there. Zhao Fu did not have any dealings with the Red Flower Merchant Alliance, so he, of course, did not have a VIP card. However, he could at least pay some money to buy a private room.

The Auction Hall was currently packed with people. There were players and fairly well-off residents. It was chaotic with so many people in an enclosed space, and with everyone talking amongst themselves, it was quite noisy. Zhao Fu wanted to spend some money to hire a private room, but it was a pity that they were all full. As such, he could only ask if there were any VIP rooms, but they were also full. Zhao Fu was dumbfounded - there were that many powerful and rich people here? He felt the feeling of having money but no place to go, and he could only resign himself to pushing through the crowd. When he saw the iron-wall like crowd, he couldn't help but sigh and start to squeeze through.

"Fudge! What are you squeezing in for, you poor sod?" the player in front of him cursed just as Zhao Fu started pushing through.

"I..." Zhao Fu was speechless. He most likely had more money than everyone in this crowd combined, but he had been taken to be someone who had no money and had just come to watch a good show.

Bai Qi's expression became cold. Even though he wasn't sure what that player meant, he could tell that he was insulting Zhao Fu. Just as he was planning to teach him a lesson, Zhao Fu grabbed Bai Qi - Zhao Fu didn't want to cause any trouble, so he and Bai Qi went to a corner at the edge of the crowd.

Following this, a beautiful, alluring woman in a red dress walked onto the stage and announced that the auction had officially begun.

The first item was an Exquisite Blue grade weapon. It was a large saber that gave three stat points and had a reserve price of 800 silver coins.