Chapter 206-210

Chapter 206: Deathcry Flute

Countless Ghosts flooded over, giving off a fearsome aura. The scene looked like an attack on a city during the ancient warring periods, and it looked quite spectacular.

"Fire!" A roar sounded out in this austere and harsh battlefield.

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh...

The ballistae bolts tore through the air with immense force, seeming to cause the air to explode.

The momentum of 200,000 Ghosts charging was incredibly terrifying, but the force of the ballistae bolts was even more terrifying. The ballistae bolts were accompanied by countless arrows that shot towards the horde of Ghosts. Anyone who saw this barrage of bolts and arrows would feel his or her hair stand on end and feel incredibly frightened. Those bolts and arrows seemed as if they could kill an evil dragon.

Chi, chi, chi...

The ballistae bolts hit first. Under their immense force, they only stopped after piercing through six or seven Ghosts. In fact, some ballistae bolts nailed even Malicious Ghosts to the ground, killing them instantly.

These ballistae bolts were one finger width wide and 1.3 meters long. They weren't made of mere ordinary peach wood but from 10-year-old peach wood. What's more, they had been bathed in spirit beast blood, and each had three Ghost-Slaying Talismans stuck on them. It could be said that these ballistae bolts were specialized Ghost-killing items.

After the ballistae bolts landed, the arrows also descended, stopping the awesome and terrifying momentum of the mad Ghost army. This wave of arrows caused countless deaths, and this was especially so for the ballistae bolts.

Now, there were only two-thirds of the Ghosts remaining, and they scattered as they continued charging. The effects of that wave of arrows were too devastating, and they didn't wish to be wiped out like that.

Swish, swish, swish...

Yet another wave of arrows descended, whittling down their numbers even more.

At that moment, the Six Paths Ravenous Ghosts started to act. They crawled on all four limbs like wild beasts, and their stomachs suddenly bulged as they opened their mouths, releasing a gray ball of gas that was one meter wide.

Bang!

The gray gas balls quickly flew over to the town walls and violently exploded, decimating ten meters worth of talisman papers. Luckily, the town walls were greatly reinforced, so they stayed intact - otherwise, they would have already cracked.

However, the dozens of Six Paths Ravenous Ghosts instantly cleared a massive area of talisman papers. They didn't attack the Gold grade talisman paper, only the areas around them as those talisman papers had weaker evil-warding powers.

By now, a few Devil Ghosts had already sunken their claws into the town walls and prepared to climb up. They were discovered in time, and they quickly concentrated their fire on them, killing them quickly.

These Six Path Ravenous Ghosts caused Zhao Fu to frown. He thought for a moment and organized 150 Archers. These 150 Archers were Zhao Fu's elites, and all of them were one in a hundred experts.

Their cultivations were mostly at Stage 0-8 to Stage 0-9, and some had even broken through to Stage 1. What's more, all of them held Silver grade bows.

Now, Zhao Fu gave them each a few arrows. These arrows weren't normal ones - they were made of 100-year-old peach wood, stained with the Lord grade Ferocious Tiger's blood, and had Silver grade Ghost-Slaying Talismans stuck to them.