Chapter Four

When Mia and Blake arrived

When Mia and Blake arrived. Mia was shocked at how large it was. In fact, it was more like a mansion than simply a house. It was huge and had a large pool as well. She knew that Michael Payson would have a nice home but this was more than she ever could've imagined.

Mia and Blake got out of the car and walked up to the ginormous front porch before opening the door.

"Woah," Mia breathed, looking around the incredible room as her eyes noticeably widened.

Blake laughed lightly. "You like it?"

"Umm... duh. I mean, who couldn't like it?"

"The charm wears off. Trust me," he muttered, sighing.

"Anyway... when do I get to meet your dad?" Mia asked excitedly, her eyes glowing in anticipation. She looked around the mansion, hoping he would show himself.

"Dad! I'm home! I brought a friend. We need to talk to you!" he yelled.

"I'll be down in a minute," Michael Payson replied.

Blake and Mia walked into the large living room. No, not just large though. This room was ginormous!

"So, why haven't you told anybody about your dad? I mean wouldn't it be nice to be popular and stuff?"

"Well, I guess that would be nice but I also don't want people to just be my friend because they want to be my friend. You know?" he asked. Mia nodded her head in understanding. "I don't want people to only be my friend because my dad is freakishly famous and I'm kind of rich."

"I can see that. I guess I wouldn't want that if I was in your position either. It's still really cool that your dad is Michael Payson, though."

"I know."

"Oh wow. I'm going to meet Michael Payson! I'm really going to meet him."

"I know. You've already said that. Multiple times."

"Well, it's true! Woah. I'm going to meet Michael Payson!"

Blake chuckled again. They continued talking about anything and everything for a few more minutes before Michael Payson walked downstairs and Mia hopped out of her seat.

"Hey there, kiddo. I didn't realize that you were actually bringing over a friend," Michael Payson said jokingly as he raised an eyebrow at his son. Blake laughed.

"So, what's your name?"

"Mia!" she squeaked before leaning over to Blake. "He talked to me!" she whispered. "Michael Payson talked to me!"

Blake laughed again as if it was funny. It wasn't funny!

"What was that?" Michael Payson asked.

"She just said-"

"Nothing! I said nothing, Michael Payson!"

"I know. This is important and we kind of need some money and a place to work. It would also be nice if we could ask you about some stuff. I have no idea what I'm doing," he confessed.