Chapter Thirteen

At around 7:30, Mia knew it was time to get up

At around 7:30, Mia knew it was time to get up. With only fifteen minutes left, they had almost run out of time. Mia sighed, not wanting to get up.

Blake looked over at her before he caught sight of the clock. Blake sighed as well when he saw the time. "I guess we should actually get up now," he grumbled, his dark green eyes staring at her curiously, seeming to search for something in her eyes. It was kind of weird.

"What are you thinking about," she asked. Blake visibly shook his head, seeming to shake himself out of his daze.

"Nothing," he lied. Mia could tell he was lying. It was obvious by his posture and the tenseness she could see in his muscles.

"Okay? If I was more stubborn right now I wouldn't let you get away with that but I'm really tired so I'll talk to you about it later and you know that I won't forget," she told him.

"I know," he told her.

"Good." Mia sat up in the bed slowly, unable to move faster due to all of her injuries.

"Here, let me help," Blake offered, getting up and walking across the tiles to her side of the small, yet surprisingly soft, bed.

"Okay." She hated that she needed help but if she had to get it from anyone, she'd rather it be him than anybody else.

Blake picked her up bridal style as he had now done so many times before. She tried not to show how much she loved it.

He carried her over to her wheelchair and set her down gently. Mia had talked to her dad earlier and they'd decided that she had to go home. Had it been up to her, she would have stayed at Blake's house so that she could have a friend.

Mia grabbed her back pack from the chair next to her bed, where her dad had placed it. Her dad walked into the small room a few seconds later, making the door creak as it opened.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, looking around in search of anything she might have missed.

"Yep," she said, trying to smile. At least I get to go home today, she thought, trying to stay positive.

Mia wheeled herself out of the room following her dad. Mia got to the entrance of the hospital quickly and saw her dad's car. "I'll see you on Monday, I guess," Blake said.

"Bye, Blake."

"I'll never see you again," he joked.

Mia could feel herself grinning. "I'll never forget you and your terrible jokes," she added, pretending to hold back sobs.

"I know. I am pretty great aren't I? It's okay, I know that it's going to be hard to lose me but I believe in you!" he cheered.

"I'll think of you as I fall asleep."

"Okay, that's just creepy."

"I know." Mia winked at him, hoping it would add something. Thankfully, Blake laughed. "Anyway, I have to go. You have a ride back, right?"