Chapter Ten

Mia saw Blake wake up at the sound of her screams

Mia saw Blake wake up at the sound of her screams. "What is going on!?" he asked, clutching on to her protectively.

"Look!" she told him with wide eyes, pointing to the shape in the back of the room. Blake turned that way. Mia saw his face go through a series of emotions. First, she saw shock, then fear, and then worry.

The creature continued walking towards them slowly, but Mia noticed that it was speeding up. Had the room been smaller, it would have for sure reached them already. She realized then that she couldn't walk. She was going to die, and knowing Blake, he would do anything to protect her. She couldn't have that. "RUN!" she yelled.

Blake looked at her like she was crazy. "I'm not going anywhere without you," he told her, jumping out of bed and running over to her side before picking her up in bridal style and running out of the room, the monster close behind. Too close. She looked over his shoulder to see that it was inches away from catching them.

"Blake, you need to leave me," she told him. "I'm slowing you down."

"No!" he said, his voice sharp as a knife. "I know this sounds insane, but if you die, I die too."

"You're right! That does sound insane! I don't care what the heck you say. LEAVE ME!" she protested.

"Gosh! It's like you don't even listen!" Mia could hear him running out of breath as he ran. She knew he wouldn't stop because he was a psycho idiot.

"I just want to tell you that... I like you. As more than a friend," she admitted before jumping out of his arms and falling on the floor. She was splayed across the cold tile floor of the small hallway. She knew she couldn't stay in that position so she stood slowly, something she hadn't done on her own in weeks. "GO! I'll be back!" she told him.

"Please don't leave me," he begged but something in his eyes told her that he trusted her enough to let her go.

"I won't. I promise." She knew she couldn't keep it but she could at least try. He ran over to her and cupped her chin in his hands before leaning down and kissing her.

The world seemed to stop. The kiss was passionate but sweet. Her heart was beating loudly and she could barely process what was happening. Finally, Blake was kissing her, and too soon it was over.

"Goodbye."

"Go kill that thing!" he told her. And then he was gone. She turned around to see a wolf that seemed to be made of plants. It looked kind of like a shrub, to be honest. The wolf came closer and looked ready to attack. Okay, she thought. I can do this!

She knew that the only way to defeat it would be to use her powers against it. It was made of plants so it couldn't be that hard to destroy, right?

She concentrated on her emotions. She let the anger surge through her and let it loose, this time, making sure to keep it under control.

The last time she'd used her powers she'd basically destroyed an entire bridge and hurt a good amount of people. This time, she'd make sure that wouldn't happen. She made sure to keep it in her grasp.