Chapter Five

"It's just

"It's just..." she sighed as she realized that she was actually going to do this. She was about to go in-depth about her past. She rarely talked about it to anyone so her telling him this was something entirely new and something she never thought that she would do. "I'm about to tell you something I've never told anyone before." She took one last deep breath. "Why am I doing this?" she muttered under her breath.

"Just tell me. It's okay. I can be nice when I want to be," he assured her jokingly.

"Here goes nothing." She took one more deep breath and got up all of her courage before looking into his deep forest green eyes. "So, when I was twelve I found out that my mom was cheating on my dad. She met him, the guy she was cheating with, at her work. It was this weird lab place where they did a bunch of weird experiments. Anyway, so she met him and apparently they "fell in love." They were having an affair for years and nobody knew anything. One day I got off school early and went home... I caught them... they were kissing. You have no idea how much it hurt to see that. Her boyfriend or whatever I'm supposed to call him left minutes later. My mom started talking to me about how sorry she was but it was so fake. After she was past trying to get me to forgive her she went into the harassing stage. She told me that I was a disappointment. That she was taking my older brother with her to her new home and not me. I felt terrible. Unworthy of love. Unworthy of life. If even my own mother couldn't love me then who could? I fell into a deep depression and it just got worse. Eventually, my dad figured out about it and took me to a mental hospital. It helped me get better. I'm still not 100% but I'm a lot better than I was." At this point, tears were freely flowing down her face as she finished. She looked up to see Blake staring at her with wide eyes.

"Anyway, we should probably start training. We can finish up this thing later." She started walking to the treadmill before remembering that she was wearing an outfit she didn't want to ruin. She looked back at Blake before smiling shyly. "I need to change. Can you take me to the guest room with all the clothes and stuff?"

"Sure. follow me." He led her to the guest room closet where she changed into running shorts and a T-shirt after making him leave the room of course. After Mia changed she stepped out of the room to find Blake waiting for her. Together they made their way back to the gym.

"What should I do first?" Mia asked.

"I'd start with something easy. Like, the treadmill," Blake told her.

"Okay." With that, Mia got to work.

A few hours later she was exhausted, drained, and extremely sweaty.

"Hey, Blake?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to take a shower before I go home so that my dad won't know what I've been doing. Could I use your shower?"

"Sure. There's one in the guest room where you got the clothes," he told her.

"Okay, thanks," she said as she made her way back to the room. She took a quick shower seeing as she only had about forty-five minutes to get home and with the traffic as bad as it normally was, she didn't want to leave too late. After her warm shower, she changed back into her clothes before grabbing her bag and heading to the room with all the couches where Blake said he would wait for her.