Chapter Twenty Three

Mia and Charlie hung out the rest of the day, just the two of them. Once they had finished at StarBucks, they packed up and went to the park on 34th and Jingle st.

"I'm so happy that you agreed to be my girlfriend," Charlie muttered, grabbing Mia's waist as they sat on the grass. Mia giggled.

"Me too," she agreed, a happy sigh escaping her lips as she looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

Mia looked at the time and her eyes popped out of her skull. "I have to go!" she told him, realizing that it was already 10:00.

"You're sure?" Charlie asked, frowning slightly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Mia kissed him lightly before heading over to her car. "Wait, are you gonna take a bus or do you need a ride?" she asked.

"I can take the bus," he told her.

"Well, bye Charlie. I'll see you tomorrow." She was about to get in her car before she turned around and ran over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

The kiss was long and passionate. Probably the best kiss she'd ever had.

"Bye, babe," he said, his breath ragged as they place.

Mia gently pulled away from his grasp before walking over to her car and reluctantly hopping in. "I'll see you at school tomorrow, right?" she asked, the door still open so she could hear his response.

"Yeah, I'll see you. Bye, Mia."

Mia closed the car door before turning on the ignition, opening her window, and driving back home.

Mia's phone rang loudly, waking Mia from her slumber. She looked at the clock. It was 11:07 at night!

"Yes?" she asked, hoping she sounded annoyed.

"You promised," she heard Blake's voice say. "You promised that you would be here and you're not. Where are you anyway?"

"I'm at home. I'm sorry about not hanging out with you. I completely forgot."

Blake sighed. "Just... please don't leave me hanging like that again."

Suddenly, a thought popped into her head. "Hey, wanna go to the park. We can hang out there. It wouldn't be too hard for me to sneak out if you know what I mean."

Blake chuckled. "I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard," he agreed, referring to her invisibility.

"So?" Mia asked, hoping that he would accept.

He sighed and she knew he'd given in. A smile spread across her face before he had even said anything. "Fine," he said, confirming her thoughts.

"I'll see you there," she told him, standing up for her bed and rushing to her closet, knowing she'd have to change first.

Mia sat on the same swings she'd sat on the night that they kissed. She looked over at the grass next to the road and thoughts of Charlie ran through her mind. She was starting to question why she'd agreed to be his girlfriend. She didn't like him like that.

"Hey, Mia," Blake greeted, sitting on the swing to her right.

She, and her thoughts, turned to Blake. "Hey," she agreed, forcing a smile onto her face.

"So..." he started, his face nonchalant as he stared at the woodchips covering the ground. He seemed to be thinking hard. His eyebrows were scrunched together adorably. Mia and Blake sat there together, silence seeping over the dark night sky. A few moments passed before anyone spoke again and when someone did speak, it was Blake. "Why weren't you there?" he asked, finally looking up and turning to face Mia who cringed at the question.