Chapter Twenty Four

Mia woke up with a pounding headache. She looked around to find herself in the same old warehouse. Mia's mouth opened involuntarily when she looked at her phone. It was already 4:00 am.

Mia changed out of the outfit quickly and ran out to her car. She got in quickly and started driving back home. Luckily, it didn't take too long and soon she was home. She snuck into the house quietly before making her way to her room. When she got in, she had to actually drag herself over to her bed.

Before she had even fallen asleep, her alarm rang. Groaning, she sat up. She walked over to her bathroom and took a shower before changing into her outfit. Some jean shorts and a simple short sleeved t-shirt.

Mia made her way downstairs before grabbing a banana and her backpack. "Tori!" she called, "You ready yet!?"

"Yeah, just a sec!"

"Hurry up!"

"I'm coming, geez!"

Tori scrambled down the stairs looking perfect as usual. Mia opened the door and made her way through their driveway to the car. She got in and waited for Tori who hopped inside seconds later.

"You okay?" she asked.

Mia thought about everything that had happened. No. She wasn't okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she lied, plastering her best fake smile onto her face.

Tori rolled her eyes but went along with it. "Okay, then."

Soon enough, they had arrived at the most dreaded place in Mia's mind. Ever.

School. Now, look. Mia didn't mind going to school. In fact, she loved it. Learning new things and reading books was awesome. But today was different. After the events of last night, Mia didn't know how she was going to get through the day. And she definitely did not want to see Charlie.

Luck wasn't on her side today. But really, when was it? As she walked down the hall towards her locker, she could see Charlie leaning against it. She sighed. I'll have to break up with him sometime, she thought. Why not now?

Too soon though, she was there. "Hey babe," he greeted and suddenly, all thoughts of breaking up with this perfect boy flew out of her mind. How could anyone do that to someone so beautiful? So perfect.

"Hey," Mia breathed, looking up into his beautiful blue eyes. He leaned down to kiss her.

She accepted eagerly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Eventually, like the humans they were, they had to breathe. Mia pulled away first although it was reluctant. Had it been up to her, she would've kept kissing him forever.'

The bell rang, breaking up the couple. "I'll see you at lunch," Mia said sorrowfully as she walked towards her first class. Mia sat down in her usual seat and waited for the lesson to begin.

By lunch, Mia was starting to wonder why she had kissed Charlie. But as soon as she saw him, all of those thoughts were pushed out of her mind. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her again. She would never get used to his perfect lips on hers.

"Hey," she greeted breathlessly.

"Hey," he replied. She looked into his eyes before leaning in once again to kiss him. Normally, she would have cared that they were in the middle of the cafeteria and anyone who wanted to could definitely watch them but with Charlie, all thoughts left her mind except for how much she loved him.

Mia pulled away to think. Wait... what? Did I just admit that I love him? Mia wondered. Nope, not possible. Only known him for like, one month. I do not love him. Even as she said the words, however, she could tell that they were lies.