Chapter Six

After school, Mia called her dad to let him know that she would be hanging out with one of her friends that day

After school, Mia called her dad to let him know that she would be hanging out with one of her friends that day. She got into her car and made her way back to Blake's house after making sure her sister had a ride home.

Luckily, her memory allowed her to know the way back to the house perfectly. She could've used this method to get to the school but she always worried that Tori would notice so she decided to play it safe.

***

The drive was long, even longer than normal. It took her a good hour to get to his house. When she finally arrived she walked up to the large door and rang the doorbell. She was then greeted by Blake's dark green eyes and brown hair.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey."

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yep."

Mia followed Blake inside the mansion with a million thoughts running through her mind. She was glad that she had remembered her workout clothes or else she would've had to borrow from Blake again.

"Hello, Mr. Payson," she said as Blake's dad appeared in view.

"Hello, Mia." They started walking towards the gym.

When they arrived Mia went to the changing rooms to put on her workout clothes which consisted of cute black leggings and a white crop-top with a cat on it.

When she walked out of the changing room she went straight to the treadmill.

While she was running Mr. Payson walked over to her. "Today will be the first day you will train your powers," he told her.

Mia paused the treadmill and looked at him, slightly shocked that she would be practicing with electricity so soon. She hopped off of the treadmill. "You sure?" she asked.

"The earlier you start the sooner you will be able to fully yield it," he told her.

"Okay, then. Where are we going to do that?" she asked.

"That room over there. It's made of a strong material called vintium that is unable to be electrified."

"Okay. Let's go then." They began walking to the room as Mia tried to gather her out-of-control thoughts.

Walking into the room, Mia realized just how large the room was. It was intimidating yet exciting.

This was it! She was finally going to learn how to control everything. Weeks of confusion, denial, and waiting had finally come to an end as she stood there, ready to control her gift.

"Woah," she breathed before gathering herself. She cleared her throat. "So, what am I supposed to do?"

"First, we're going to see how you were able to do it before moving on to the harder stuff. I must warn you that it will likely take months or even years to fully control it," he warned as she walked to the middle of the room while Mr. Payson and Blake stayed behind the glass on the other side of the room.