Chapter Seven

Mia woke up with a headache that still lingered from the night before

 Mia woke up with a headache that still lingered from the night before. She had indeed gotten quite the punishment meaning that she was grounded and had to do the dishes for the next month. Luckily, she had been allowed to go to her "club" after school. She had told her father that she had joined the literature club in her school and the kids decided to go out and eat dinner and she had gone with them. He had thankfully believed her and told her that as long as she didn't "go out to dinner" with them without his permission she could continue going to the "meetings."

She had decided to keep the real reasons for her late night adventures from him due to obvious reasons.

After waking up to her alarm chiming she slung her feet over the side and stood up. She walked groggily over to the bathroom before hopping in the shower and turning on the water.

When she was finished with her incredibly soothing shower she changed into an outfit consisting of a pair of shorts and a simple crop-top shirt that helped her with filling some of her lacking confidence. Although Mia had been told countless times that she was gorgeous and all of that stuff but no matter how many people told her that she was beautiful it didn't go through. She always felt insecure and inside she knew that she was just some ugly girl and that when people realized that... they would leave. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Shaking herself out of the thoughts that continuously crept into her mind, she finished getting ready and ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

Suddenly she remembered that she was getting a ride from Blake. "Shoot! Tori, time to go! I need to tell you something."

"Coming!" Tori responded, already running down the stairs with her cute outfit, perfect makeup, and gorgeous hair. "So, what did you need to tell me?" she asked.

"Ummm... do you care if we get a ride from someone? It's just that I have to do this club thing after school and he's a member too and it would save gas and you could just get a ride back. He's really nice so you don't have to worry about that and you obviously don't have to but he's probably already on his way and I'm sorry I forgot to tell you earlier and you-"

"Jeez, Mia! Will you stop rambling!? I get it and yes I'm fine with it." Mia let out a breath, thankful that Tori was fine with it.

Why was she so worried about this? Why did she care what Tori thought of him?

As her thoughts swirled in a whirlwind of confusion that revolved around that one boy she'd known for such a short time she failed to notice that that same boy had come to the door and Tori had gone to answer it.

"Hey, you're Tori, right?" Mia heard Blake ask faintly.

"Uhh, yeah. You're our ride. Sorry, Mia told me this morning. I'll go get her," she said before walking over to Mia. "He's hot," she whispered, smirking at Mia. Mia was sure that her cheeks were turning a shade of crimson.