Chapter Twenty Eight

Mia walked into the school building, sighing at the thought of going to all of her classes. The school had finally caught up with where she was at which meant that she actually had to listen.

Mia noticed that everyone seemed to be talking. People always talked at school, obviously, but now they were being really loud and animated. Blake walked up to her from his locker. "What are they all talking about?" Mia asked.

"Shock," he responded with a smug grin.

Mia was shocked to hear that and gasped quietly. "Wait, really?" she asked, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion and her mouth wide open.

"Yep. Not only that, but it's all over the news. Did you seriously not see any of it?" he asked with a chuckle.

Mia felt a blush creep up her cheeks. "I just went home and crashed right after. It was exhausting. But that's crazy. I was on the news," she exclaimed in a whisper. She was smart enough to realize that they were in a public place.

Suddenly, Mia felt a hand on her waist and saw Blake tense up. Mia looked over her shoulder to see Charlie looking down at her. "Hey," she greeted, feeling her love for him overwhelm anything and everything else.

"Hey," he greeted before kissing her lightly on the lips. Mia turned to him before putting her hands on his chest.

"Ugh, do that in private," Blake told them, pretending to gag.

Mia pulled away before laughing lightly. "Sorry," she apologized, her hands on Charlie's defined chest and her cheeks flushed a bright red. She pulled away from him a bit so that he stood behind her, once again holding her

"Anyway, we should probably hang out after school, right?" Blake wondered, starting to lighten up.

"Totally," she agreed with a light smile. Mia felt Charlie stiffen from behind her. "Carpool? I'm sure Tori can get a ride with one of her friends."

The bell rang and Mia sighed. "I have to go to my first class," she told Charlie sadly.

"I'll miss you." He leaned in lightly at the same time that she did and they kissed.

For some reason, although she loved it and loved him more than anything, she couldn't help but feel like it was wrong. All her emotions were telling her that it was perfect but a tiny spot in her head hated it.

Mia pulled away, her breathing slowed. "I'll see you at lunch," she told him, sighing in disappointment.

"Yeah, see you," he agreed.

Mia walked off, making her way to her classroom and hoping she wouldn't be late.

***

"Miss. Patterson?" Mia's trigonometry teacher, Mrs. Naver, said, obviously trying to get her attention.

"What was the question?" she asked.

"I was asking whether or not you were listening. Obviously you were not," she scolded.

Mia flushed. "Sorry, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff. I'll try to focus more now. Sorry."

"Since you are the top student, I will let it go. But don't show this behavior again."

"I won't. Promise."

The truth was, Mia couldn't stop thinking about Charlie and Blake. As much as she loved Charle (which was a lot), she couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling. It was like, her emotions loved him but her mind didn't. But then, when she kissed Blake, everything came together.