Chapter Twenty Five

She felt some exhaustion coming over her. Not as much as she had felt some other times, but she definitely wanted a nap. She looked around the empty room and almost fell asleep right there but was able to hold herself together.

As she scanned the room, she heard clapping from somewhere farther off and looked over to see Blake and his dad standing at the glass, watching her and clapping for her. She blushed lightly before walking over to the glass door and opening it, only to have the sound become even louder, being in the same room and all.

She would have practiced more but she was way too tired for that so instead, she just walked out of the room and sat down. "Okay, I know I didn't practice for very long but I'm really exhausted," she admitted, looking down in slight shame. She felt bad. Like she hadn't done enough but she really was exhausted. How was she supposed to do anything if she felt like she was gonna pass out at any moment?

"It's totally fine," Blake assured her, a small, proud smile spreading across his face, showing off his beautiful jaw. "Do you wanna go to the guest room to get some rest before you head back home?" he asked, slowly grabbing her by the waist when he noticed that she looked like she was about to fall.

She wanted to say no. She knew that she would have nightmares. They'd been coming more and more often and she didn't want him to see her like that. Screaming her head off in the middle of the night. She didn't want that image of her in his head. But just as she was about to reject the offer, her exhaustion caught up with her and she sighed. "Okay," she agreed. "Thanks Blake," she whispered before grabbing onto his arm and using it as support as she walked through the large mansion. She almost fell down if it weren't for her but managed to stay up when he grabbed her elbow. She smiled gratefully, turning to him as they reached the guest room. "Thanks, Blake," she thanked him.

"No problem, Mia," he told her, sincerity in his eyes. "Rest now. Seriously."

Mia nodded and walked into the room, ignoring the memories that rushed to the forefront of her mind as she lay on the bed. Soon, even with all the thoughts roaming around inside her mind, she fell asleep.

Mia looked around her in a daze. She was on an empty street. But it wasn't just any street. No, it was the Golden Gate Bridge. The same street where the attack had taken place. Mia looked around, waiting for something to happen.

Mia waited for what felt like hours, but still, nothing happened.

Suddenly, like a flash of lightning, the scene started. Crashing cars flew around the bridge, appearing out of nowhere. Mia watched as people burned from that terrible monster. The monster that was currently terrorizing the innocent victims.

Mia rushed over to the sight, letting her emotions take over her body as lightning shot out of her hands. Mia screamed when it went everywhere and watched as all it did was hurt those around her.

And then, the monster was in front of her, it's gems gleaming as Mia realized that it was actually a bear. A bear made out of fire. In some ways, it was scarier than it being a human figure but in others, she was relieved.

She couldn't focus on that, however, because soon, the bear reached his claw out and the impact of the blow hit her right in the chest. It felt as if her wounds had been reignited. She tried to leave. To go to sleep. To stop this pain.

But it never worked. She was forced to lay there as pain soared through her body. She was forced, again, to watch the people around her suffer from her own mistakes.

She screamed and screamed, begging to be taken away from these horrible images. And then someone was there, shaking her. This only made her scream more. She'd never seen this person before and it wasn't even really a person, more like a shadow.