3: Her Childhood

Young Abby

August 24, 2011

Eversince I was born, I grew inside a home where love and happiness is everywhere. Just like any other kid, I had a loving mother and a caring father. They gave me what I needed, and taught me what I must know and do. They are the greatest parents I knew; they are also my greatest friends. They are with me along the way. I consider myself one of the luckiest children around the world; I have parents that love me, my needs are being attended to, and lastly, I am being loved by them. 

But when I was seven, everything changed when we heard that my daddy had cancer. Mom didn't tell me much of it, but we knew that he doesn't have enough time to be with us. Every single night, mom and I visit my dad in the hospital, filled with hopes that he will be fine.

"Mom, will dad be okay?" I ask her as she blew the fire out on the candle. We just finished praying for dad. Mom says that prayer is the key to God, especially when we give thanks or are in anguish.

"He will be okay, babycakes." My mom tells me. "Go to sleep already; I will buy food for us."

"Baby cakes?"

I wake up from my peaceful slumber.
I see my father up, and eliminating rays of light. It's impossible; he should be sleeping. Why was he up? I also see my father's lifeless body. Am I seeing his ghost?

"Dad?" I ask. He motions for me to say things in a whisper. He walks towards where I was seated. He tries to hug me, but he only passes through me. He cannot feel me anymore. "Are you going back to papa God?" I ask, feeling lonely.

My dad smiles weakly. His time has come to depart from this world, leaving me and my mom alone. "Yes, I am going back to him. Don't worry, I will always be with you."

"D-dad... Mom and I will miss you so much."

Just then, his heart monitor shows a straight line, telling me that my father is dead, and the dad I am talking to right now is his soul. My dad disappears.

That moment was the last moment I saw my father.

Three years later, my mother followed him to heaven. She never told me she had an accident that nearly killed her at first. Now, I had to live with my mean Aunt Caroline and evil cousins Hannah and Dwayne.

That day my mom died, I also saw her soul, telling me words of farewell. But one thing creeped me out: I also saw the so-called grim reaper.

Teen Abby

Teen Abby

July 12, 2016

I admit: living without your parents by your side is really, really hard, especially when school starts. There will be kids who discriminate you for not having them. I am telling you: it's really difficult.

I used to be a loner back then. I had no circle of friends who have the same interests as mine: anatomy, mathematics, history, and ghosts. I'm being serious: ghosts and paranormal activities. Eversince I saw the ghost of my father, I had a fascination with these creatures. They always kept my mind busy.